Christmas vacation

Christmas vacation had just started  Emma and Alyssa were both 22 years old and had just finished college. 

both girls were still living in the houses they grew up in but they didn't care, they were young they had time to figure it out. 

it was December 13th snow had fallen by now and covered everything in a blanket of white it was so clear you could see all those stars in the sky. 

"hey babe" Emma was talking on the phone with Alyssa "I miss you too. You want me to look out the widow?" Emma asked "ok?" 

Emma pulled back the curtain and looked out the widow, Alyssa was standing in her driveway.  

"Alyssa Greene, you sneaky little fox" Emma rushed downstairs and grabbed her cold weather gear as fast as she could. "Nan i'm going out for a while, I don't konw when I'll be back" 

"you don't need my permission to go out, your 22" Nan smiled 

"I konw I just thought you might want to konw where I was" 

"that's very sweet of you. Have a great time I love you" 

"I love you more" Emma smiled at her grandma before leaving the house.   

Emma rushed out to the driveway and into Alyssa's warm embrace. "God I missed you" Alyssa said "I missed you too" Emma nuzzled into her hair, it always smiled like honey and lavender from the shampoo that she used witch Emma found familiar and comforting. 

"so where are we going tonight?" Emma asked once the two of the broke apart Alyssa smiled "you'll see" 

"Ice skating?!" 

"why not? don't worry I got a pair for you" Alyssa said sitting down and putting them on. 

"I can't skate, I've never learned" Emma said looking out across the pond. "well that's ok I'll teach you" 

Emma put her skates on and Alyssa helped her stand up they got unto the ice. "just so you konw if I go down i'm taking you with me" Emma smiled nervously

Alyssa laughed "I think you'll be ok" 

after a while Emma slowly got the hang of it. "see your doing great" Alyssa smiled 

things were going fine until one of Emma's skates caught in the ice and she fell on her ankle. 

"Emma are you ok?!" Alyssa asked concerned "Yeah i'm just cold" Emma tried to stand up when pain shot into her ankle. "shit" she whispered under her breath. 

"I think I may have twisted by ankle" Alyssa helped her the bench and they both sat down. "does it hurt bad?' Alyssa asked 

"no it's no too bad, it's fine" 

"I'll get some ice" 

Alyssa came back a few minutes later with a small bag of ice and two hot chocolates. 

Alyssa handed Emma the ice. "this is for you leg, and this is for you" 

Emma smiled "thanks babe" 

"I'm really sorry this night is a disappointment." Alyssa said looking out into the pond. 

"it's not a disappointment" 

"you don't even like ice skating do you?" 

Emma was quite "well.. no but Alyssa we've been going on dates for five years they won't all be winners. There was one thing I liked about skating" 

"what's that?" 

"I got to hold your hand" 

"that was really cheesy" Alyssa smiled anyway, Emma could tell she liked that. 

 Alyssa eyes lit up.  "I have one more Idea" 

Alyssa and Emma walked away from the pond (well it was more like Alyssa helped Emma walk) 

Soon the two where on a path lit with little bags that had a candle inside them there were hundreds lighting the path as they went by. 

"they fill sand in each bag so the bags don't blow away" Alyssa explained "it's beautiful" 

"we haven't even hit the best part" 

after a mile or so the path gave way to a clearing that had trees around the edges and there where little fairly lights in each tree. 

"Wow" Emma said looking up at all the trees in awe. 

"you konw I thought about you at work today" 

Emma was only half listing she was still in awe of all the lights. 

Alyssa let go out her hand. "I was in the food court and a saw all these happy couples and it made me think about how I want to spend the rest of my life with you" 

Emma was snapped out her daze "what?!" 

Alyssa knelt down and pulled out a box in the box was a ring. "Emma Nolan you are the love of my life, will you marry me?" 

Emma gasped "Holy Shit! Yes, yes i will marry you" Alyssa picked her up and spun her around they kissed each other it was a nice long kiss. 

Alyssa put the ring on Emma's finger "Marry Christmas Emma" they smiled at each other then Alyssa leaned in for another kiss. 

So Its the holiday time of year, I LOVE Christmas and romance so what better then a Christmas proposal!? I konw it all seems a little cheesy and a little much but i had actually had that stroyline in my head for a while. Fun fact the conversation When Alyssa is talking to Emma about her work and spending the rest of theirs lives together was actually something my dad said to my mom when he proposed to her. so i had to add that in:) I'm a sucker for romance SIDE NOTE: I found this fanart a DAY after i wrote  this chapter I did not draw this i'm not that tlanted. If you do like this art go follow munchy.art on Instagram