pain

"hi mom. Yeah I'm good so far. Yeah contractions have been on and off for two days now. No my water didn't break yet don't worry the contractions aren't that strong and there irregular so far. Ok I love you too. Bye" 

Alyssa fell back onto the bed exhausted, nine months pregnant and a week overdue she really didn't have the energy for anything lately. 

Emma came to sit by her shortly after. "was that your mom?' 

"yep. She called in again I love her but she didn't have to call me every month" 

Emma shrugged "I think it's sweet, she really cares about you" 

"sweet and a little bit much" Alyssa said 

"how are you feeling?' 

"exhausted" Alyssa sighed and put her hands on her belly "this little girl is really taking her time" 

Alyssa suddenly closed her eyes letting out a little groan. 

"that's a big contraction" Emma said holding her hand 

Alyssa looked at her. "Em, I think we should go to the hospital" 

Emma nodded getting off the bed quickly. 

Alyssa looked at her "hey, don't panic on my account." 

"yeah i'm going to get the girls and their stuff, then i'm going to get your stuff. Yeah that's what I'll do" 

Emma quickly left the room. 

soon the whole family was in the car. Emma called Alyssa's mom. 

"hi Elena, Ok so We're on our way. Don't freak out Alyssa's contractions got stronger so after we drop the girls off we'll be on our way to the hospital." 

Soon the girls were dropped off and Emma and Alyssa were headed to the hospital. 

"how are you doing?" Emma asked 

"fine. it's stronger now but  the contractions are still irregular. So you don't have to worry about me going into labor in the car" Alyssa joked 

Emma smiled. "are you sure you don't want an epidural?" 

"we've been over this babe this is the only time i'm doing this so i want to feel everything" 

  "are you sure? I said the same thing when i was in labor with Isabel and i regretted that as soon as i started pushing" 

"Emma yes i'm sure"   

soon they got to the hospital the doctor informed them that Alyssa was only two cementers so far. 

Emma and Alyssa where sitting on the bed together. "are you scared?" 

"shouldn't I be asking you that?" Emma asked 

"you just seemed stressed Em" 

Emma sighed and bushed her hair out of her eyes. "I just don't want anything bad to happen. to you or the baby" 

"why would you think something bad would happen?" 

"I don't konw.. I guess because Isabel came early, then the C-section with Beth- I'm just worried" 

"do you remember when you had your first contraction? like the first big one" Alyssa asked 

"yeah I don't think I could forget that even if i wanted too" 

FOUR YEARS AGO... 

"Emma are you ok?' Alyssa was right beside her holding her hand Emma closed her eyes and breathed through the pain  "oh god I feel like i'm dieing" 

Alyssa smiled "your not dieing, it's just labor" 

"that's really easy for you to say, all you have to do is sit there and breathe" 

Alyssa laughed to herself. 

Emma looked at her suddenly serous. "what if something bad happens?' 

Alyssa looked into her eyes. "I konw you scared, I am too. But it's going to be ok i promise nothing bad is going to happen to you on my watch" 

"ok?' 

"ok" 

current time

"I really don't think anything bad is going to happen Emma"  

"Alyssa- 

"if something like that does happen we'll be ready. You went though that having Beth and nothing bad happened" 

"yeah but it was still scary" 

TWO YEARS AGO. 

Emma was just about to go into sugary. 

Alyssa was there holding her hand and trying not to breakdown in front of her partner. 

"your going to be fine ok?' 

Emma looked at Alyssa's face. "oh no. babe please don't cry" 

Alyssa wiped her eyes. "sorry.. I can't help it" 

"if you cry, i cry and i really can't break down right now" 

"I love you. So much" 

Emma put her hand on the side of Alyssa's face. "i love you too" 

current time.

 12:00 pm. midnight.  

"I can't tell if it's a good thing or a bad thing that this is taking a long time" Alyssa said "how long have we been here?" 

"8 hours" 

"she really is taking her sweet time" Alyssa said she winced. "you ok Rosie?" 

"yeah the baby's just really moving in there. Feel" Alyssa moved Emma's hand to the side of her belly. 

"your not kidding. hey kiddo take it easy on your mommy ok?" 

Alyssa smiled and kissed Emma on the cheek. "you should get some sleep"

"I don't konw if I can" Alyssa said 

"I konw but you should try. You've pretty much been in labor for two days babe" Emma pointed out 

Alyssa leaned into her partner's shoulder. "can you sing me to sleep?" 

Emma smiled "of course babe"  

Emma started to sing softy.  

"I don't want to start a riot

I don't want to blaze a trail
I don't want to be a symbol
Or cautionary tale
I don't want to be a scapegoat
For people to oppose
What I want is simple
As far as wanting goesI just wanna dance with you
Let the whole world melt away
And dance with you
Who cares what other people say?
And when we're through
No one can convince us we were wrong
All it takes is you and me

And a song"   

Alyssa smiled up at her. "that's our song" 

Emma kissed her on the forehead. "I konw." a few mins later Alyssa was asleep. Emma smiled and fell asleep to the sound of Alyssa's breathing . 

FIVE HOURS LATER.. 

Alyssa woke up in a cold sweat, she was in pain the contractions were up again. Alyssa felt the sheets they were wet. How long ago did her water break? how had she not felt it? 

Alyssa gently shook Emma awake. "Emma.." 

"what?' the blond was barely awake   

"Emma.. my water broke" 

OOOOO suspense... hopefully you guys liked this chapter I konw it kind of jumped around a lot. Also my mom also had on and off contractions when she had me. (sorry Mom) but yeah i hope you guys liked it!  baby number 3 should be coming soon:) Also thanks for the comments! they make my day!