first day of senior year

Emma went down the hallway to her locker looking at the floor being the only out and proud teen at her school probably the only gay one it got her a lot of looks from other kids at school. 

Also a lot of bullying. Emma made her way to her locker thinking if only Alyssa were here school would be much more bearable 

Emma and Alyssa just stated off as friends when they first met but soon after hours and weeks of long phone conversations and texts and hanging out Emma worked up the nerve to ask her out. Alyssa happily agreed. 

the two had been dating for about a year in secret Alyssa wasn't out yet she wanted to be but she hadn't found the right time. Emma was fine with waiting she loved her girlfriend more then anything. 

Unfortunately the two  didn't go to the same school. But Emma was going to see Alyssa tonight at her Nan's house for a movie night. Her Nan's was the only the girls could be together without judgment. 

"Emma?" Emma turned her head at the sound of her name. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Alyssa. Alyssa was here. At her school. 

"Alyssa?" Emma rushed over to her. "what are you doing here?" 

"I switched schools" Alyssa said "my mom got a new job"    

"really?" Emma asked smiling "Alyssa that's so great!" Alyssa smiled sadly "yeah.. that's the thing my mom's new job- 

   Mrs. Greene came up to Alyssa. "hey mom.. you remember Emma right?" 

"hi Mrs. Greene" Emma said "nice to see you again Emma" Mrs. Greene said putting on a fake smile She turned to Alyssa "you have everything you need?" Alyssa nodded "yes I do" 

"have a great day honey" Mrs. Greene gave her a quick hug before going away. 

"my mom's the new head of the P.T.A" Alyssa said gravely Emma felt her blood turn into ice. "what?" 

"that's what I was trying to tell you" Alyssa said "no matter where she is she always finds me so we have to be really careful" Alyssa said whispering the last part so only Emma could hear her. 

"meet me in the band room during lunch it's down the hall to the right" Emma said Alyssa smiled "ok see you then" before heading to her next class. E

Emma opened up her locker someone had spray painted Lezbo on the inside of her locker door. Emma grabbed her books and slammed her locker shut "I hate this school" Emma muttered under her breath. 

three periods later it was lunchtime. Alyssa opened the band room door and stepped inside "Emma?" 

Emma was sitting on the floor "you made it" she smiled Alyssa looked towards the door before sitting down with Emma by the band lockers. 

"Don't worry I have permission by my band teacher to be here, no one comes in here anyway so we have this place all to ourselves" Emma said smiling

"Did you konw your mom was going to be in the P.T.A?" Emma asked Alyssa shook her head "no" she said looking at the floor. 

"what are we going to do?" Emma wondered aloud "we can't keep hiding like this forever" 

Alyssa paused thinking. Her eyes lit up "What about prom?" 

"we could go together publicly, for the first time" Emma said getting into the idea "it would be easy for you to come out" 

Alyssa smiled "that's what we'll do then" 

Emma leaned her head on Alyssa's shoulder. "I feel like the whole world is against us" 

Alyssa warped her arms around Emma holding her close. "I konw" 

"why is everyone so against people of the same sex being in love?" Alyssa wondered to herself 

"I wish they could see it how we see it" Emma agreed "it's just love plan and simple" 

Alyssa kissed Emma on the forehead. "I love you Emma Nolan" 

Emma blushed giving her a quick kiss on the lips. "I love you too Alyssa Greene"