these little moments

TWO YEARS AGO...

they had just gotten home from visiting Emma's parents. Emma was in the nursery sitting in the rocking chair and trying to claim down, for now she wanted to be alone Alyssa understood. 

She knew that she shouldn't stress out too much, it wasn't good for the pregnancy but sometimes Emma couldn't help it    

Emma winced. The baby was kicking her really hard. Emma put her hands on her belly. 

"hey sweetheart, sorry things got so crazy back there. Don't worry you don't have to worry about them I promise. I'm so excited to meet you. I hope your excited to meet me.  Your going to have the best mommy in the whole world, she's perfect ." 

Emma smiled, thinking  "she's so sweet and kind and really brave you really lucked out with her as a mom" 

"as for me i'm not perfect. Sometimes I get stressed like really, really stressed and I tend to overthink things. I konw it's still about 5 months away but I can't wait to hold you, I promise i'll sing you to sleep every night and i'm going to try my hardest to be a good mom to you" 

Emma rubbed her belly "so after all that are you still excited to meet me?" Emma felt a kick. She smiled "I'll take that as a yes" 

then Alyssa came in the room with a video camera. "you where filming me?!" 

a smile teased her lips "maybe"

Emma smiled "i hate you" 

"oh yeah?" Alyssa kissed her on the lips 

"so much" Emma laughed then kissed her back. 

I actually had this idea in my head for a while, I konw it came out of nowhere but i wanted too this was actually based on a this is us  episode called "the big day" in witch Rebecca (who is pregnant with triplets at the time) has a conversation with the babies in her belly kind of like what i did with Emma.