Mama who bore me

Alyssa was a puddle of nerves her mom was going to pick her up any second now. Had she really done that? come out in front of her mom? in front of the whole student body? 

Had she really kissed the love of her life in public and danced with her and held her close in her arms like she had always wanted too? 

Alyssa felt a chill up her body that kiss  it was amazing. Alyssa would never regret a second of it, she would never regret a second spent with Emma. 

Alyssa felt a hand on her shoulder she turned around. "hey you" 

Emma and the Broadway gang "hey" 

"are you nervous?" Emma asked "what if she kicks me out?" Emma looked at her "that's never going to happen, trust me your Mom seemed to take it well" 

"I hope your right" Alyssa hread the sound of a car horn she jumped. 

"you got this kid" Barry said 

"we're all behind you" Angie said 

Alyssa smiled nervously "well here goes nothing" she kissed Emma a quick goodbye on the lips. "your the bravest person I konw" Emma whispered. 

"I love you" Alyssa whispered back. 

"I love you too" 

Soon Alyssa was home she changed out of her prom dress and let her hair hang lose around her shoulders, sure it looked great when it was up but it was nice to have it down after all the bobby pins were digging into her scalp. 

Alyssa was tense with nerves as she sat down next to her mother on their white sofa. 

  "Did you have a good time?" 

Alyssa blushed hard. "yeah it was.. incredible" 

"how long have you been dating?' 

Alyssa took a breath "a year and a half" 

"Alyssa.."

"i'm sorry.. I should have told you" 

"how long have you known?" 

Alyssa shifted in her seat. "I guess I just always knew ever since i was in middle school but until i met Emma i had kind of pushed it all down inside me. I guess I was, I was ashamed and scared i didn't konw how to bring it up- you were in all these fights with dad the last thing you needed was your only child telling you she's a lesbian. And after dad left.. I didn't konw what to do" 

"Alyssa.. I had no idea" 

"it's not your fault i didn't tell you" 

"i'm your mother I should have known without you having to tell me. After your father left, well it was hard it still is. I was mostly worried about you. You were always your Daddy's girl and then he just left.  I'm glad you found someone in your life" 

Alyssa looked at her mom. "I'm sorry I told you your screwed things up with dad I was just so angry.." 

"I konw. I miss him too. I was worried that our relationship would affect you in a negative way and that you would date people like him. Honey i'm really sorry about this year about how I acted, it was wrong of me" 

Alyssa nodded but didn't say anything for a while. "Your not mad are you?" 

Mrs. Greene took her hand. "Alyssa look at me" 

Alyssa turned her head and looked at her mother. "i'm not mad. Your my daughter I love you I loved you the moment I layed eyes on you. I'm just happy your happy after the year we've had." 

Mrs. Greene took her hand she was crying, so was Alyssa. "Alyssa Rose Greene I don't care who you love I just want you to be happy. No matter what happens i'm always going to love you" 

Alyssa leaned into her mom hugging her. "I love you too" tears of relief and joy fell down her checks. 

They slowly got out of the embrace Alyssa smiled and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.            

     "mom? would it be ok if Emma came over for dinner sometime? I understand if it's too soon.." 

Mrs. Greene squeezed Alyssa's hand. "that's ok with me" 

and it was.