The Breakdown

TW: mental breakdown. 

Her dad had left her. after he said he loved her and that nothing would change then he left, it had been a week later already and he never called, not once. 

it was 3:00 am. Alyssa took the keys and just drove fast and angry all the way to the edge of town then she stopped there was this edge where you could see everything in the town all the little lights blinked behind her, it felt like a dream     

But it wasn't she was living in a nightmare. She couldn't wake up from no matter how hard she tired. 

Alyssa called Emma after a few rings she picked up "hello?" Emma's voice was groggy Alyssa could tell that she had just woken up. 

"can you come meet me?" 

"Rosie where are you?' 

"on the edge of town" Before Emma could ask Alyssa cut her off. "i'll explain when you get here, just get here.. please" 

Emma had never heard Alyssa sound so despite before and it scared her, So as quickly as she could Emma dressed and hopped in her truck speeding off into the night to find her girl. 

Emma parked and jumped out of the truck. Alyssa saw her and ran into her arms hugging her tight. 

"are you ok?" 

"no" 

Emma and Alyssa sat on the roof of her truck. "my dad left us." 

Emma felt like all the air got sucked out of her body. "what? when?' 

"last week. he just packed up a bag and left, it was so easy for him" 

"why didn't you tell me this sooner?" 

"does it matter?" Alyssa asked suddenly angry she wasn't sure why it just happened. 

"yeah I think it does. I'm your girlfriend Lyssa! I konw what's like to have parents leave you" 

"when would i have told you that? between witch of your panic attacks!?" Alyssa regretted those words as soon as she said them. 

"Emma I didn't mean- 

"wow. out of all the people I never thought you would say that" Emma said in disbelief 

"you don't have to stay here you konw" Alyssa said "no.  your upset I'm not leaving you" Emma echoed the words her girlfriend had told her just weeks before. 

"I don't want you to do anything stupid" Emma whispered "You konw we're sitting on a cliff, I konw you didn't come here just for the hell of it." 

suddenly Alyssa burst into tears. Emma held her in her arms. Alyssa wrapped her arms around her  girlfriend. 

Alyssa looked into her girlfriend's face. "why are you crying?" 

"because when you cry, I cry" Emma sniffed

Alyssa manged a small smile "we are a hot mess" 

Emma kissed her forehead "yeah I konw" 

Alyssa held her tight. "don't go ok?" 

"ok"

Alyssa looked at her "No I mean, ever"  

Emma bushed Alyssa's tears out of her eyes with her finger tips. "I won't"