Sleep Training

"I am never getting out of this bed" Alyssa said looking up at the ceiling "I think I got about 20 minutes of sleep last night" Emma said, looking over at Alyssa. 

 "We have to start sleep training her" Alyssa said Emma sighed "yeah I know.. Maybe we could wait one more night?" Alyssa looked at her partner "we've been saying that for months. She's at that age where she's going to start reverse cycling soon so we really have to get her sleeping through the night"

"I'm exhausted"

"Me too"

"So tomorrow night then?"

Emma took her hand "tomorrow night"

The next night.

"She's asleep" Alyssa said getting in bed next to Emma. "nice job" Emma smiled. A few seconds later the couple was asleep when they heard crying on the baby monitor. 

"We just got into bed" Emma groaned. A few minutes later Isabel was screaming "Maybe I should go check on her.." Alyssa ran her hand through her hair "Babe we have to let her cry it out if she doesn't learn to self sooth we are never going to get any sleep."

"Well I didn't know she was going to be screaming at the top of her lungs!" Emma said frustrated "I'm going to go check on her"

"Emma-

"I'm just going to see if she's ok" after about five minutes Emma came back to their bedroom. "She's out like a light"

"finally" Alyssa whispered

but the victory was short lived. Because after a few seconds Isabel was crying again. Emma eyed the door and Alyssa quickly leaned up against it to stop her. "Alyssa-

"I know it's hard to listen to her cry, it's hard for me too but we have to do this babe." Alyssa looked into Emma's eyes "ok?"

Emma sighed exhausted "I don't want to fight"

"I don't ether"

No matter how hard it was to listen to their daughter cry Emma knew Alyssa was right whether they liked it or not this was something that had to happen. "Ok" Emma sat down on the bed Alyssa sat down next to her, holding her.

 About a half an hour later they were both in a deep sleep. Alyssa woke up a few hours later Isabel was crying loudly, she slowly made her way down the hallway and was about to open the door to go check on her when there was silence.

 It was completely quiet. Alyssa smiled then went back to their room gently shaking Emma awake Emma opened her eyes "Emma" Emma was still half asleep "hm?"

 "listen" "I don't hear anything" Alyssa smiled then it dawned on her "oh my god! She did it" Emma whisper screamed "she got herself to sleep all on her own" Alyssa whispered smiling. "Speaking of sleep i'm exhausted"

"Me too" so they both fell asleep in each other's arms.