Emma and Alyssa

Emma was lying on the bed staring up at the ceiling, thinking the question had turned her stomach into knots. Emma wanted to have kids. it seems simple enough, but how to go about it? Adoption? a sperm donor? if it did work out what would people think? 

even though they had lived in indiana together for about five years pelope not everyone was used to it, some people still made a big deal about it.  They were still the only gay couple in the town. 

Emma looked at Alyssa, who was sleeping soundly. Her long curly brown hair resting on her shoulder, a smile on her face. she even smiles in her sleep  Emma remarked, thinking Alyssa always smiles she can find anything to be  happy about, as for me I usually worry.

Alyssa's eyes fluttered open, noticing Emma she smiled. "take a picture it will last longer" 

Emma laughed. "what are you doing up?" "Me? uh just thinking about.. things" 

"that sounds a lot like im worried about something, Whats on your mind?" 

"it's nothing really." Emma said getting up out of the bed, Alyssa stood up behind her hands on her hips "Emma Nolan Greene you had better tell me whats going on," Alyssa wrapped her arms around Emma.  "or I hold you hostage until you tell me" Emma laughed as Alyssa picked her up and spun her around, losing her balance the two of them collapsed on the bed laughing.

Alyssa turned sideways face to face with Emma. "I love you" "I konw"

Emma leaned into towards Alyssa kissing her, Alyssa cupped her hands on Emma's face pulling her closer kissing her as if her life depended on it. After a few minutes they pulled back smiling at each other. "so what's on your mind?" 

Emma took a breathe, then she began. "well, we've been married for five years now, I love every minute of this. Being with you, everyday. I just, uh. I just I.. what would you think if we had kids?" 

Emma looked into Alyssa's warm brown eyes, she didn't look shocked. They had talked about it a little but that was just as an Idea, This was.. might be real if it all went well.  

"it would definitely be a big change for both of us, I would love to start a family with you" 

Emma smiled. Not knowing what was to come, it wasn't going to be easy but for now everything was perfect.