The Ultrasound

Emma woke up feeling groggy surprised to see Alyssa's side of the bed empty Emma put her glasses on and headed towards the kitchen Alyssa was at the stove making pancakes. "What are you doing up so early?" Emma asked 

"I couldn't sleep I was too excited." Alyssa said "also I wanted to make breakfast for my beautiful wife" 

Emma sat down at the table Alyssa soon joined her with the pancakes. "feeling ok?" Alyssa asked "a little nauseous" Emma said "that's a good sign" 

a few hours later it was time for the appointment. Emma was lying on the exam table with a paper gown on. 

The doctor came in. "how are you feeling?" "a little nauseous but overall pretty good" 

"that's a good thing. it means it's working" The doctor said putting a little bit of gel on Emma's flat stomach. "ok the embryo is still really tiny so it might take a second to find it"

a few minutes went by then there was a small speck on the screen the doctor enlarged the image so they could see it better. It was still an embryo but inside there was a little gray oval. "That's your baby by the looks of it it's developing nicely" 

"wow.." Emma gasped in awe. Alyssa had tears in her eyes "that's amazing" the couple looked at each other and smiled they couldn't believe it. 

it was tiny and so small but it was theirs.