When you fell for me

Emma and Alyssa were sitting on the couch together. "I can't believe we actually got her to take a nap" Emma said "I know. So we have probably a solid fifteen minutes to ourselves?" Emma smiled "probably." "When was the moment you fell for me?" Emma asked Alyssa smiled "you know when"

 "Tell me again" Alyssa looked at Emma. She couldn't say no to that face. "The fall concert when you played imagine on your guitar"

Emma laughed "I was so bad!" Alyssa smiled "you were amazingly bad"

It was about five years ago Alyssa and Emma had just met a week ago but they really didn't know each other all that well.

Alyssa had decided at the last minute to go to the fall concert. It was either that or go on a date her mom had set up for her. Alyssa hated those 'guy dates' she called them.

She had no interest in guys she really wanted to tell her mom that, but her parents weren't in the best shape they were arguing all the time now that was another reason Alyssa wanted to get out of the house.

Alyssa paid for her ticket and sat down in the gym. After the intermission there was a girl sitting on a stool with nothing but her guitar.

Alyssa recognized her Emma! I didn't know she could play. Alyssa thought

Emma started to play the first few chords. She was so nervous. Why had she decided to do this? Her heart was pounding; she could just barely get the right notes out.

Ok so Emma was pretty bad but Alyssa found beauty in that. Emma put herself out there, she was raw and vulnerable Alyssa really admired that.

She really is something Alyssa thought to herself she's brave and sweet she really puts her whole soul into playing. She's really cute..

Alyssa had never felt that way about anyone before maybe it was.. Love?

"I fell for you in ten seconds flat" Alyssa said, smiling Emma blushed. "Ok my turn I fell for you in chem class, remember that one experiment?"

"Emma I blew it up!" Alyssa giggled

"You blew up peanut brittle! It was incredible!"

A few years ago Alyssa and Emma both were in the same summer science program (they didn't go to the same school yet that was still two years away) So both girls were sophomores

They had met by this point and Alyssa had seen Emma in the fall concert the two had been friends for over a year now texting and hanging out whenever they could.

The labs were spread out around the room Emma was at the one across from Alyssa.

So everything went pretty well until it was time for the experiment.

Emma was getting distracted by Alyssa . Alyssa wasn't doing anything distracting, it was just.. Emma couldn't stop looking at her

You know that moment when you see the person you really like in the room and you just tune everything else out because all you can see is that person?

Well that's what happened. Alyssa felt Emma's gaze and looked at her smiling Alyssa couldn't tell but she was pretty sure Emma was blushing.

The problem they were both so distracted Alyssa didn't notice her peanut brittle on the hot plate was starting to burn and make popping noises.

Then it blew up. The pop was so loud everyone turned to look at Alyssa who had this surprised look on her face.

Emma tried so hard not to laugh. She really did but the look on her best friend's face was... priceless!

Emma burst out laughing. "Sorry.. it's just there's peanut brittle everywhere!" Emma smiled "you have some in your hair"

Alyssa looked down at tiny bits of peanut brittle stuck in her hair. Alyssa looked back at Emma, smiled, then started laughing.

"I had a crush on you from that day forward" Emma said looking at Alyssa

"I'm actually really glad I switched schools all those years ago"  

"Why is that?" Emma asked even though she knew the answer

"Because I wouldn't have met you"

Emma smiled "I just wanted to hear you say it"

"Also" Emma kissed Alyssa on the check "I feel the same way"  

Hey guys! sorry its been so long since i last posted, COVID, family stuff etc. But i'm back now. 

before you say in genus for coming up with this stuff, this conversation between Emma and Alyssa was actually a cut scene from The Prom before it went to Broadway the scene took place in the band closet and Emma and Alyssa were talking about how they fell in love with each other. it was really cute Also if you want to watch the prom before it went to Broadway there ia a really good video of the whole show on YouTube   Also fun fact Isabel (Izzy) McCalla wasn't playing Alyssa at this time she was in the ensemble before being asked to play Alyssa on the Broadway run. So yeah thank for listening to my ted talk. ALSO THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE 1K!! AHHHH!! i'm so glad you guys like my writing and i'm so happy that you all enjoy it , so from the bottom of my unruly heart,  thank you