Positive/Negative

It had been a few weeks almost a month since the first doctor appointment, they had ran some tests on Emma and Alyssa everything looked really good so far. They had talked about it and had after some thinking, had chosen a sperm donor. So now was the day that they had been waiting for, the day that would change the course of their lives.. if everything went well.  

Emma and Alyssa had talked about who wanted to carry their child, Alyssa said she would be fine with it except her mom was already so controlling as it is and if Alyssa was pregnant.. she didn't even want to think about how her mom would act around her. So they both decided Emma was the best option for that. 

in theory Emma was ok with the idea when she actually thought about it.. what is she did something wrong? 

it was all so new to them both having a child  was going to change their lives forever, So the appointment was a big deal because today was the day that the embryo was going to be implanted into Emma. 

Then they would both wait a few weeks for an ultrasound to see if the embryo was healthy and growing. 

They were in the waiting room now the couple was nervous as anyone would be this could change their lives forever if it worked that is..

"are you nervous?" Alyssa asked her partner concerned. "no" Emma said trying not to freak out Alyssa gave her a knowing look "really?" her eyes landed on Emma's leg that was shaking Alyssa gently put her hand on her leg to stop the shaking. 

"i'm really nervous too and that's ok" Emma took her hand and gave it a loving squeeze. 

A nurse came out of the door. "Emma and Alyssa? were ready for you" Emma and Alyssa got up and followed the nurse inside to the room where the procedure would take place. 

A few minutes later Emma was in a paper gown lying on the exam table. "ok Emma you might feel a little discomfort for a few minutes well we implant the embryo" 

"ok" Emma said Alyssa held her hand giving a reassuring smile Emma looked into her partners eyes letting the world fade away..

"ok your done" the doctor said taking off her gloves. "really? that was really quick" Emma said sitting up. "thank you" 

"no problem. It's my job" the doctor said smiling "come back again in about two weeks we can do an ultrasound and see if it's growing in the right place" 

A few days later. 

"ok it's been two minutes" Alyssa said "do you want to look?" Emma looked at the pregnancy test on the bathroom counter. "i'm too nervous. You can look" 

"ok if that's what you want" Alyssa picked up the pregnancy test her eyes went wide. "Emma?" 

"it didn't work didn't it?" Emma asked "oh shit. I really wanted this to work out" 

"Emma that's not what- Alyssa was cut off by her partners rambling. "I was so scared I would screw something up and I did! without even trying"  

"EMMA!" Alyssa shouted to get her attention. Emma turned towards Alyssa "yeah?" 

Alyssa smiled showing her wife the pregnancy test. It was pink. "Do this mean?" 

Alyssa nodded happily "were going to be parents!"