books, looks and Harry Potter

Way back when shortly after Emma and Alyssa had met for the first time Emma had Once again been dragged to church  by her parents. 

 But she did have something to look forward to, well someone. 

the service had just ended Emma was sitting alone in the courtyard on a rope swing  reading Harry Potter an the goblet of fire

Harry was just about to grab the dragons egg when- 

"Emma?" 

Emma was jolted out of the wizarding world suddenly Alyssa was standing over her she was so startled she fell off. 

"Oh my god! are you ok?" Emma looked up at her from the ground "yeah i'm fine" 

Alyssa helped her up. "I didn't mean to scare you" Emma shrugged then picked up her book brushing off some dirt that was on the cover. 

"your reading Harry Potter?"  

"yeah.." 

"your so lucky! my mom would never let me read that" 

Without thinking Emma said "well if you want to I have the whole series at my house we could read them together" 

Emma stopped and looked at Alyssa "oh God why did I say that? I konw we only just met last weekend and your new here.. I just made things weird didn't I? you probably have better things to do.." 

"I don't actually. It's just me and my mom.. and I haven't exactly been making friends. Also ive always wanted to read those books" 

Emma looked at her. "I like you Emma Nolan, your really cool" 

Emma felt herself blush "I like you too also I really don't have any friends, like at all so i guess we can be lonely together?"

Alyssa smiled "yeah ok" 

Now remember Emma has not come out to her parents yet.. that comes later so Emma's parents were totally fine with her having a friend over, they were really happy about it Emma having a friend even before she came out she was shy and awkward and lonely she never really had many friends, or even one until Alyssa. 

Emma and Alyssa were in Emma's room. Emma pulled down the first Harry Potter book from her self. 

"do the books just keep getting longer as the series goes on?" Alyssa asked 

"yes but technically the fourth book- Harry Potter and the goblet of fire is the longest one in the whole series" 

"Have you read all of these?" Alyssa asked "yeah. I finished the first three in a week" 

"ok that is impressive" 

Emma shrugged "I have a lot of time on my hands what about you?   what do you do in your free time?" 

Alyssa laughed. "I hardly ever get free time.  Let's see over the years.. Swim team, horseback riding , acting,  volleyball, tennis, 5 years of church camp  and now i'm a cheerleader" 

"holy shit." 

"yeah I konw my mother wants me to be 'well rounded'" Alyssa rolled her eyes "but I don't actually hate cheer leading yet so that's a plus" 

"ok are you ready for the most amazing book of all time?" Emma smiled 

Alyssa smiled "bring it on. You know theses books are pretty long" 

Emma sat down next to her on her bed and opened the book I guess we just have to keep hanging out then.. she smiled. Alyssa giggled "how tragic"

" Chapter one the boy who lived" 

So a few weeks went by Emma and Alyssa read Harry Potter weeks turned into months they were halfway through the fifth book  (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) When Emma got kicked out. 

it was a few days later Alyssa was sitting next to Emma on her new bed at her Nan's house. for a moment it almost seemed like nothing had changed. Almost. 

"hey you still have your Harry Potter books right?" Alyssa asked "yeah there in the box on the floor" 

Alyssa pulled out Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and found where they had left off. "I really don't feel like reading right now" Emma said 

"ok. Then I will" 

Alyssa lied down across Emma's legs and opened the book.  Emma looked at her in surprise "what are you- 

"come on. Cheer up love" Alyssa said in a prefect British accent , she smiled 

no matter what Emma was feeling in that moment she couldn't help but smile.                 

Once again sorry for the long Delay, senior year is kicking my butt and thinking about my future, college. Anyway the main reason for this chapter is in the prom in Emma's room I was looking at it and I was like "oh look at that she has all the Harry Potter books" that's were I got the idea, also I just really love 'flashback chapters' as I call them with Emma and Alyssa there just so much fun to write, i love these two.  Also them bounding over reading Harry Potter was a fun idea and Emma is kind of nerdy and I am too and i LOVE harry potter the awkward way Emma talks and often says things or rambles on without thinking is kind of how i am too sometimes i'm very awkward and shy. Anyway The Prom Movie comes out this week who's excited!? I am! I kind of wish they had the OG cast for the movie.. but oh well I will take The Prom in anyway, shape or form and hey at least the message is getting out there.