Father and daughter

TW abandonment and cutting 

it was close to midnight Emma was sound asleep, she could sleep through anything. Alyssa was wide awake thinking about her dad, she had an idea a really crazy idea but an idea she couldn't just call him she wanted to see his face, deep down a small part of her missed him. 

"hey" Alyssa whispered "are you awake?" Alyssa gently shock the blond awake 

Emma slowly opened her eyes and put on her glasses "I am now, could this wait until morning? or at least until the sun is up?" 

Emma was exhausted but one look on the brunettes face told Emma whatever was happening couldn't wait. "what's wrong?" 

"nothing. I've been thinking about my dad" 

"so are you going to call him?" 

Alyssa sighed "I think that a conversion like this would have to be..face to face" 

Emma sat up. "wait.. you want to go to-

"L.A. Yeah." 

"I really don't think you should" 

"why not?" Alyssa wondered a bit annoyed 

"your not going unless I come with you"  Alyssa looked at her "What?" 

"I HAVE to come with you, you were with me when i saw my parents for the first time in years, it was awful but having you there holding my hand- it made it a lot more bearable." 

Alyssa felt tears in her eyes, she was so grateful for Emma "you would do that for me?" 

"we took a vow to be together thorough anything, good or bad i'm not breaking it, ever" 

"are you sure you can fly? with the baby and everything i'm not sure if you should.." 

"I can check with our doctor later this week" 

Emma turned to look at her "so when where you thinking of going?" 

"maybe next week? I was thinking a 24 hour trip so we would see my dad then come back here the same day. I was thinking Isabel could stay with my mom and your grandma when were gone, it would only be for a day" 

"I think that could work" Emma said "I've never been to L.A. it could be fun" 

Alyssa took Emma's hand and squeezed it. "your the best, you konw that?" 

Emma smiled and kissed her check. "I do now" 

soon next week came along it was Friday.  Emma and Alyssa were on the plane it was just about to take off. Emma's doctor said that she was early enough in her pregnancy that it would be ok for her to fly. 

"ready for this?' Alyssa asked 

"if i can get though this without puking, i think so" 

Emma replied "you konw I can barely eat anything with throwing it up these days, morning sickness is 24/7 all day long"    

"you konw i think the airplane has bags for that" 

"yeah I konw" 

Alyssa held her hand "we got this ok?" Emma smiled "ok" 

a few hours later they landed in L.A. 

"wow. this place is.. wild" Emma said looking up at all the tall buildings and the bight sunshine. 

"so do you konw where we can find him?" 

"yeah I stalked his Facebook and it says he works about a few blocks away from here"