Baby shower

Emma was four months pregnant. The baby shower was in a few days Alyssa had been working really hard to make everything perfect even though Emma didn't want her to stress out about anything. 

"morning" Emma whispered Alyssa's eye fluttered open. "morning. How are you feeling?" 

"i'm still not used to the extra pounds I gained besides that i'm fine" Emma said sitting up and getting out of bed. 

Emma and Alyssa went to the table to look at the pelope they invited making sure they didn't miss anyone. "ok we've got my mom, your grandma, our friends from new york that's about it" Alyssa said 

"Hey I was thinking- Emma cut her off "I konw what your going to say i'm still going to say no" 

"Keylee and Shelby have been my best friends since high school" Alyssa said "come on Emma you guys used to hang out" 

"they made my life hell my last year of high school" Emma said "they have changed they made up with you at prom. They said they were sorry." Alyssa pointed out 

"they never talked to me after that" Emma said "Because you didn't want to see them! It happened five years ago Why can't you move on?!" 

"you want to konw why?! my last year of high school was hell. My best friends ditched me, My parents kicked me out, Everyone at school found out I was gay and made fun of me.. nothing good came out of that year" Emma said fighting back tears  "stupid pregnancy hormones.." 

Alyssa came over to her and wrapped her arms around her shoulders. "prom was pretty great" Emma laughed "yeah it was" 

"Emma. Just one day for me, just this one day then you never have to see them again if you don't want too" Emma sighed 

"don't look at me like that.. don't give me that look" Emma sighed aguin  "why do you have to be so cute? ok yes they can come" 

"really?" Alyssa asked hopefully "yes" Emma kissed her on the forehead. 

The day of the baby shower was here. "are you sure you have everything under control?" Alyssa asked Barry 

"trust me you girls don't have to lift a finger. I'm going to make this place look fabulous!" Barry said excitedly. 

"I trust you" Alyssa said "remember you only have a half an hour before the baby shower starts" 

"I have everything under control" Barry repiled 

a half an hour later. "Barry said he would be ready by now" Alyssa said opening the door. 

"wow this place looks amazing! thank you" Alyssa said "I told you I would make it look great" Barry smiled "it was the least I could do" 

Emma came into the house. "Barry?" "surprise! I came early to help set up" 

Emma gave him a hug. "it's so nice to see you. it's been so long!" 

Barry took a step back to look at her. "look at you. you look great" 

Emma smiled "thank you" the doorbell rang everyone slowly began showing up to their house Mrs. Greene, the gang from broadway (except for Angie who was Roxie in Chicago and wasn't able to come) Emma's Grandma and Kaylee and Shelby. 

Alyssa hugged them both. "it's so good to see you two!" "it's great to see you too!" Kaylee said 

"it's been so long" Shelby added "I'm going to make sure we have everything I'll be right back" Alyssa said "you guys can take a few minutes to catch up" 

There was an awkward silence the three of them were unsure what to say Emma spoke "it's been a long time" 

"it has. I haven't seen you since high school" Shelby said "about that..

"we were really big jerks back then" Kaylee said "I guess it helped us cope with our lives by picking on you back then- 

"it wasn't great what we did back in high school" Shelby said "maybe we could start over, if you want we understand if you don't want to see us again. Ever" 

"that would be.. really nice actually, starting over" Emma said to them. 

Alyssa came up to them. "hey you ok?" she whispered to Emma "yeah i'm fine. better the fine actually"    

So the baby shower went on pretty smoothly until Mrs. Greene asked a question "have you told your parents yet?"  she said to Emma. 

Emma's grandma was about to say something but Emma cut her off. "yeah, there both really excited" Emma gave Alyssa a help me  look. "they can't believe it" Alyssa agreed putting on a convincing smile. 

after the baby shower. Everyone had left except Barry. "could I talk to you for a second?" Barry asked Emma "sure" Barry and Emma sat down on the couch

. "I konw how hard it is not having your parents be there for you especially for occasions like this if you ever need to talk about anything i'm here for you" 

"thank you" Emma said grateful "I think i'm fine" "have a good night you too" Barry said stepping out the door. 

Alyssa came into the room sitting down next to Emma. "are we going to talk about it?" 

"talk about what?" "you konw what" Alyssa said "i'm really sorry for my mom today I thought she knew about your parents" 

"it's fine" Emma said dryly "really. It's fine"  "you never talk about them- 

"I just don't feel like it. Ever since I met you I've been so happy I don't want anyone to ruin this especially not my parents" Emma said "besides I haven't seen them in years" 

"I talked to my dad" Alyssa said out of the blue. Emma looked at her surprised "why didn't you tell me?" 

"you just had so much going on with your job and the baby I didn't want to add to your stress" Alyssa explained "I told him you were pregnant" 

"well how did it go?" Alyssa sighed "he was surprised he didn't even konw I was gay or married with a baby on the way. He sounded really happy" 

"babe that's great" Emma smiled putting her hands on her belly her eyes widened "are you ok Em?" Alyssa asked "the baby just kicked" 

"really?" Alyssa asked excitedly "yeah, feel" Alyssa put her hand gently on Emma's stomach she felt a little tap. Alyssa smiled "that's amazing"