Mother's day

this is a flashback chapter. Also I have a really busy day today but because I love writing  and you guys I'm going to write a chapter with the limted free time I have. To those who just followed me THANK YOU! it means so much to me that my work means so much to all of you. 

Emma Nolan hated mother's day. She used to love it as a kid she and her dad would make her mom breakfast in bed then they would spend the whole day together, just the three of them. Then Emma's parents kicked her out. Emma was thankful for her Nan who took her in when she was 16, her true mom really. So the longing of her parents hurt a little less but it always stung when mother's day rolled around and her mom wouldn't call her. 

This mother's day was different for both of them, Emma and Alyssa's first mother's day as moms. 

Emma opened her eyes to find Alyssa looking at her. "is there a reason your staring at me?" 

Alyssa did a smile-shrug combo "I just like to watch you sleep sometimes, you look so peaceful" 

Emma smirked "said the stalker" 

"Happy mother's day" Alyssa kissed her on the forehead Emma smiled "happy mother's day" 

then the couple heard crying from the nursery. "that was a nice quite two minutes" Alyssa remarked getting out of bed. 

Emma laughed. 

Alyssa went over to the nursery and gently picked up the three month old "hey sweetheart, it's ok. Are you hungry again?" 

Isabel was trying to eat Alyssa's shirt. "hey babe?" 

"yeah?" 

"I think someone needs you" 

seconds later Emma was in the nursery. "yep it looks like she's hungry" 

Alyssa carefully handed the baby to Emma. "it's ok Isabel" 

Emma sat down in the rocking chair with her soon the crying stopped. "hey are you sure your up for brunch today?" Alyssa asked 

usually every mother's day Mrs. Greene, Emma's Nan and the two of them would get together for brunch at apple-bees, because Indiana was so small that was really the only sit down place there was. 

"of course! we do that every year" 

"yeah but now we have a three month old, she's never been anywhere besides our house" Alyssa pointed out  

"yeah I konw but there's a first time for everything" 

the brunch went really well, it was exhausting and kind of challenging with a three month old now in the mix but everything went really well.  

Emma and Alyssa had just stepped into the house. "that was exhausting" 

Emma collapsed onto the sofa Isabel was screaming in her car seat. 

Alyssa took Isabel out of her car seat and into her arms. "shh. it's ok I konw you don't like riding in the car, your ok now" 

After a few minutes the baby stopped crying and fell asleep on Alyssa's chest. "I guess that really took a lot out of her huh?"  Emma asked 

"I guess so." Alyssa moved closer to Emma and sat down. 

"you konw there was one thing that we could do" Alyssa said 

"yeah i'm not watching the birth video" 

Alyssa smiled "it's not that I was thinking about some of our home videos.." 

"you already have the camera hooked up to the T.V. don't you?" 

"mabye?" 

Emma giggled "you are ridiculous. Ok because it's mother's day and I love you yes we can watch the home videos" 

Alyssa kissed her on the check. "thank you" she pressed play on the video camera. 

the first video was of Emma talking to her belly. 

"are you filming me?!" 

"maybe?" 

Emma smiled "you konw I really hate you" 

"oh yeah?" 

"so much" 

the second one was of Emma in her hospital gown on the night Isabel was born. 

"are you scared about being a parent?" Alyssa asked her "why are you filming me right now?' Emma asked 

"this is our last moment without a baby it's kind of a big deal" 

Emma rubbed her belly. "it hurts so bad babe. How am I only five cementers?" 

"I konw baby your doing really well." Alyssa took her hand and squeezed it. "so are you scared?" 

"shitless" 

"your going to be the best mama ever" 

Emma smiled "I hope so" 

15 hours later she was born.  the camera was propped up on a table Alyssa was sitting next to Emma on the bed. "how are you feeling?" 

"I just gave birth like ten minutes ago are you really asking me that?" Emma face was serious but her eyes were smiling. 

"i think you might have broken my hand" Alyssa joked 

Emma giggled "oh suck it up you didn't have to push a human being out of your body" Emma looked at the baby in her arms "mommy's crazy" 

Alyssa laughed "don't tell her that!" 

"you konw you've never looked more beautiful" Alyssa said softly 

"your just saying that" Emma blushed 

Alyssa kissed her on the check. "no. I'm not" 

"she's perfect" Emma gently kissed the newborn on the forehead. "she really is" Alyssa agreed 

"can I hold her?" 

Emma smiled "you konw you don't have to ask, she's your daughter too" Emma carefully handed Alyssa the baby, Isabel feeling the movement started to cry 

"it's ok baby it's just mommy" Emma said 

"it's ok sweetheart" Alyssa whispered after a few moments Isabel stopped crying and settled down in her mommy's arms. 

"hi Isabel" Alyssa said softly Isabel grabbed Alyssa's finger with her little hand. Emma leaned her head on Alyssa's shoulder 

"I love you" 

"I love you too" 

the next video it was dark outside and Emma was in the shot. "it's 3:00 am I've been sleeping pretty lightly for the past 20 minutes, I just woke up to this" 

Emma turned the camera on Alyssa she has Isabel in her arms they were both sleeping. 

"this is the cutest thing I've ever seen" 

"Alyssa is just dead to the world right now" Emma looked at her wife she was so peaceful, Emma smiled 

Alyssa's eyes fluttered open "what?" she whispered Emma kissed her lightly on the forehead "this is the best view in the world" 

Alyssa smiled "C'mere" 

Emma snuggled up to Alyssa then they fell asleep together. The screen goes black. 

Emma and Alyssa looked at each other and smiled. "that was a really good idea" 

"I told you so" 

"I can't wait to watch her grow up" Alyssa whispered smiling down at the baby Emma smiled looking at their daughter. "me too" 

ok if this chapter sucked let me konw. I konw it jumped around a lot I just thought it was a cute idea also questions or comments let me konw I love getting them of if there is anything you want to see please let me konw. Also I was thinking of Emma and Alyssa having a 3rd kid, last one i promise I was thinking Alyssa could get pregnant this time? thoughts?