Chapter 83- Flying High

Katsuki called you the second his eyes peeled away from the window. The phone rang once...twice...three times...

"C'mon, idiot...answer it," he gritted to no one in your room.

"Hello?" 

"Oh, thank God. Are you okay? Where are you?!" 

You were sitting next to Endeavor who looked at you with a confused raised brow from overhearing Katsuki on your speaker. The two of you were about to reach the main road with low alternative music playing in the background.

"Um...in the car? Didn't you just watch me leave...?"  You asked your boyfriend, confused. "Did you hit your head or something?"

"I..." Katsuki blinked a few times before rubbing his forehead with two fingers, his scarlet eyes scouring the view from the window with detail. There was nothing out of the ordinary...and nothing to be worried about. "I guess I was just seeing things. Alright, I'll uh...see you later?" Katsuki muttered, embarrassed that he called you for no reason. 

"Missed me already, huh? Cute. You're a softy Kacchan. Anyway, Endeavor says hi- I didn't say that - yup he specifically told me to tell you hi! - You're a disaster (y/n) - ANYWAY! I'll talk to you when I get home. Try not to kill Deku while I'm gone!"

The call ended, but the suspicious feeling in Katsuki's gut lingered. He sat on your bed, soaking into your soft sheets and the sweet scent of yours that remained as a marker of your presence. Scrolling down his contacts list, he texted a number that he had only used once.

Hawks. Keep an eye on her today for me. I have a bad feeling.

~~

"Hey there babybird! Long time no see!" The cheery go-lucky hero was waiving at you while he was in full costume, a few stray civilians stopping in awe over seeing the rarely present pro. You raised an eyebrow, crossing your arms over your chest with a crooked smile. 

"You saw me just a few days ago dummy."

"And it's been far too long! Oh, hello to you too Endeavor! You're looking as miserable as ever!" Hawks grinned brightly at the unimpressed behemoth of a man named Endeavor. The three of you were in full costume and working on the clock since you were meeting in public. A few people came up to Hawks, asking for pictures...and you were pleasantly surprised to see a few people wanted to take some with you as well. You felt bad for Enji who was just standing there bored, waiting for you and Hawks to be finished with meeting fans.

"Astral! I'm such a big fan...take a picture with me hm?~" A rather average looking man who couldn't have been taller than five foot eight grinned at you while holding up his phone. You felt a little awkward about all of this...strangers taking your pictures...always feeling watched...maybe it made sense why Hawks rarely wanted to be seen in public and why Endeavor was so rude to fans. How did All Might deal with this before his injury?! I'd go nuts!

"S-sure!" Hawks and Endeavor both narrowed their eyes at the man as he held the camera up for the two of you to take a picture together...his hand sneaking its way lower down your back. Just as he was about to grip you in an unsavory place, Endeavor gripped his wrist hard enough that you could hear it crack.

"Taking advantage of a young hero's generosity is the fastest way to an early grave." His voice was low and guttural, and you could tell that Endeavor was livid. The civilian yelped in pain with tears springing in his eyes as he quickly nursed his broken wrist.

"I-I'm gonna sue!" Endeavor's cyan eyes were as cold and icy as his wife's quirk.

"Go ahead and try. Three pro-heroes against the word of a pervert. This is not the hill you want to die on, but I can arrange that if that's what you wish." The civilian didn't need to be told twice and bailed as quickly as he came. You rubbed your arms, embarrassed by the whole situation. It wasn't like you've never dealt with it before, but it was usually on a mission where you could kill the person that bothered you. This was a stranger...a civilian you have sworn to protect. To just blatantly try and make a perverted move on you in public was just...wildly demeaning and uncomfortable.