Chapter 55- Fuel to the Fire

Eraserhead actually liked mornings.

Sure, he felt constantly exhausted and despised waking up early for literally any activity he was supposed to do...but he enjoyed the cool and crisp air coupled with the dazzling sunrise. His coffee always tasted a little bit sweeter and the world was just a tad quieter.

And then there was you.

"Aizawa, we need to talk."

It was 6:45 AM and you pounded on the man's door already dressed for school. The teachers had their own rooms; each class kept their homeroom teacher close. He was already awake thanks to the years' worth of stress and insomnia that kept him up since he started to become a hero...regrets that always stuck in the forefront of his mind and failures that never seemed to fade from memory haunted him like a ghost. He took this time in the morning to relax, but then there was this seventeen-year-old girl that never learned the definition of personal space.

"Come in." He grunted in annoyance. You went to turn the doorknob but it wouldn't budge, the man letting out a silent chuckle for keeping the door locked. You simply ghosted through it with your arms crossed and pouted lips.

"That was mean!" You huffed out. He just continued to sip his coffee while lazily sitting on a long cushion in his windowsill. His view was spectacular...being on the fifth floor gave him a view of UA's entire campus of emerald grass fields and the glass building that reflected sunlight like diamonds. 

"You're the one that decided to interrupt my morning. What do you want?" Without asking for permission first, you moved Aizawa's outstretched legs on the windowsill so you could sit there. The teacher merely sighed and just acknowledge the fact that no matter where he went, his students would be there to torture him. 

"I have a few things I want to tell you. I haven't told this to anyone yet but...Endeavor wants to give me a hero license. He has employed me to work at his agency for an undercover project. I can't tell you more than that but...it looks like I'll be graduating a year early." You didn't expect a look of visible shock to be apparent on the tired 30-something-year-old's scruffy face, but here you were.

"You're serious?"

"Completely."

"You realize how rare it is to be just simply given a license? Even All Might didn't have that happen to him. I've only ever heard of one pro-hero being given a license that way. Endeavor must have a really dangerous job for you." Silence filled the room as you looked at your hands tucked into your lap. The pressure in your chest was sharpening as your fear grew. "Are you going to be okay?" His question caught you by surprise, your eyes meeting his concerned onyx ones. As much as he hated to admit it, he was worried about you. Endeavor was known for his incredibly high mission success rates and his brutality. If he needed you for an undercover mission, chances were he was putting you smack in the middle of danger where you would need a license to defend yourself. This was nothing like being undercover at UA, where the people you were observing were generally good-hearted people.

These were murderers, rapists, torturers, enslavers...these were the worst of the worst that would defile and brutalize you without thinking twice

Shinobi was well known in this world...even heroes knew that name because of how many people were out to get you. Gangs whose leaders were assassinated, drug lords were slaughtered, human traffickers with their bounties set free and their skulls bashed in...

You were wanted in the worst way possible...and if you didn't wear a mask with that old uniform, you would have been hunted down as you tried to become a hero within UA's walls. If anything, the fact the League of Villains hadn't yet released your information was curious...