Chapter 49- Family Dinner

"This is such a fucking mistake." 

Those were the first words Katsuki muttered out as he sat at the family dinner table while Mitsuki plated the dishes she made for when the Elderly Bakugos arrived. You placed a hand on his knee, letting the warmth of your touch soothe him.

"It'll be okay." You smiled softly at him. His scarlet eyes were narrowed, a protective glint in them glowing amongst his lightly tanned skin from sun exposure. His gaze turned to you, his sharp tooth exposed as he grimaced.

"You have no idea...there's a reason I don't talk about these old fucks," Katsuki growled. Sitting at the other side of the table was an elderly woman with her black hair tied tightly in a bun on the top of her head with silver streaks peeking through. The man had matching colored hair, but it was cropped short.  Katsuki's grandmother had dark eyes with deep lines of age curving from her tear ducts down through her cheeks, but the grandfather had youthful cerulean blue eyes that gleamed within the kitchen light. Just from the way their faces were aged, you could already tell the grandfather was going to be the kinder of the two. They were dressed in designer clothing that you couldn't necessarily recognize the label...but everything about them seemed to scream wealthy. Hopefully, they would be down to Earth like Masaru...but you guessed you'll find that out anyway.

"Okay! Dinner is ready!" Mitsuki placed down the last serving plate of onigiri to conclude her cooking. She quickly untied her surprisingly feminine floral apron and hung it on a hook in the entryway of the modern kitchen. You never took notice of the cute little hooks before; the metal curves of the silver hooks were carved to look like elephants, a souvenir for Mitsuki when Masaru went to India for work. Every part of this home had a story to it, and you ached to create that with the boy next to you.

If I can heal and train to teleport one person with me across long distances, Kacchan and I could travel anywhere in the world together at a moment's notice and be back before school...

Everyone was now seated at the table in their nicest outfits for the occasion of welcoming the elderly couple into the home. Mitsuki bought you a rich violet-colored sundress with three little buttons between your breasts and a cloth ribbon tied to accentuate your waist. It ended at your knee so you were able to wear spandex shorts underneath to keep your thighs from rubbing together. Or so I can still kick ass without risking being exposed... You found yourself amused when you returned to the Bakugo household when Mitsuki presented you with the gift. Part of you thought she was using it as an apology for 'kicking you out' while the other part of you knew that she just wanted a daughter to shop for...to not spend every moment of her life immersed in masculine fashion and shopping. Even if the dresses were not always your style, to see her beaming smile when you wore her gifts was more than worth it.

Speaking of gifts from Mitsuki and probably God himself. Katsuki was wearing a solid black button-down down shirt where the sleeves were rolled perfectly up to his elbows and the first two little silver buttons were undone to show off his prominent collarbones. It was like he was a marble statue, carved to perfection with his glowing skin and dazzling ruby eyes. You dug your nails into your palm for just half a moment to ensure you weren't dreaming.

"Alright everyone, let's eat," Masaru instructed as he picked up his chopsticks.

"Thank you for the meal," everyone said at once. Masaru's parents were the first to serve themselves, their son helping to reach things for them that were out of their zone. Katsuki gave you a tense nod, but the smallest hint of a smile cracked through as he looked at you. He looked at your doe-eyed expression and how much you have changed since you first met him. There was something so guarded and secretive about you...a pain that lingered deep within the recesses of your soul...agony that had been so scarred over that it never had a moment to breathe and air out. Now, when he looked at you, he saw an expression of overwhelming love and admiration with your doe eyes and elegant smile. Katsuki never thought a brute like him could ever stand to be with a girl thanks to their annoying loudness or overly shy personalities. He was too impatient for someone to not be direct with him and too aggressive for someone who would run away and cry if he called them an idiot.