Chapter 81- Full Circle

Dabi had sent you short bits of info he found on the villain that killed Shinso's parents and had his quirk. This gave you a new target to interrogate to find the name and location of the culprit aside from just knowing they were in Okinawa.

"I am warning you now if you're serious about wanting to watch me work, you might see a side of me you haven't witnessed before," you spoke to Katsuki as he and Hawks prepared the interrogation room for you and your target. Hawks was used to this by now and knew your methods. He typically joined you as a backup in case the goon you captured somehow called for reinforcements. Katsuki, knowing how fragile your quirk was, wanted to join in to keep an eye on you. He just never expected something like this to happen.

"I'm not worried about that. You've seen me do some fucked up shit too," Katsuki stated with his arms crossed, a hooded sweatshirt covering his muscled body. Hawks was wearing darker clothes as well, although disguising himself as someone else was basically impossible due to his glaring scarlet wings. Said avian hero laughed at Katsuki's attitude.

"Oh kid, just you wait. You're in for a treat. There's a reason she's the one doing this and not me," Hawks chuckled as he prepared an audio recording device for the three of you to reflect on.

Despite wanting to escape the mercenary life, it seemed to haunt every step you took. If you had to carry this weight so your beloved Katsuki and the friends you've made didn't, then it was a burden you would bear with a smile. All you could think of was Shinso, scared, alone, and far too young for the world to crash down on him...and the thought filled you with blinding rage. Shinso felt like a villain because of his quirk...and it was because of someone who treated him like livestock. This was for him.

This weight would be one you would carry for Shinso, and you would be sure to help him in any way possible. If that meant more blood would stain your hands to keep his clean, you would do so in an instant.

~~

A money launderer named Genko was making his rounds in the infamous Thief's Alley when he was quickly gagged, bagged, and dragged into a nearby building. With a painful grunt, he was sat down in some sort of metal chair in front of a table, the bag removed from his head but the gag left in his mouth.

"If you scream, I'll slice your throat open."

The voice was feminine and unrecognizable to him, all he saw was a masked figure in all black...and he had an idea who the assailant was. Muffled cries of fear choked against the cloth gag as you slowly removed it, ready to cut him if he so much as raised his voice. He was quiet as he looked around the room, a mirrored window behind you as you sat in a chair across from him, legs crossed and propped on the wooden table.

"Genko, money launderer, born thirty-eight years ago in a hospital in Osaka. Parents were stockbrokers in the United States that ended up stealing a lump sum and fled to Japan. Since then, you've traveled across the shit covered alleys of Japanese cities, stealing from the unfortunate and banking millions of yen." Your voice was low with threat dripping heavily from each word. Hawks and Katsuki were sitting behind the one-way mirror, watching you work.

"W-what the hell do you want with me Shinobi?! Y-you need a loan? I'm sure I can work something out-"

"I need a name and address." You placed a sheet of paper down between the two of you, a quirk description sheet along with a few details Dabi picked up in his investigation. Genko took a look at it, the grubby brown stubble on his chin a stark contrast to his pale physique. His greasy hair was parted in the middle and just above the shoulder. From what you knew, he had a quirk that could double the items he touched but only once every thirty seconds. This was how he was able to multiply high-value banknotes and keep the wealth his parents escaped with.