Chapter 28- Lost and Found

Neither you or Katsuki wanted to get up from his warm, soft bed. His sheets were a smooth and soft black, his blankets a steel gray. There wasn't much decor in his room aside from an All Might poster, an Xbox paired with a TV, and the occasional workout equipment...but the comfort was there. You laid entwined with Katsuki between the sheets, his heat radiating over your body. You couldn't stop looking at him, and he looked at you. Your body felt so...warm, and whole. Katsuki broke the silence first.

"I was ready to break you, you fucking tease." He gave you that crooked smile with his sharp canine tooth exposed. His large hands were on your bare waist, pulling you in towards him. You couldn't help but smile back at the pale spikey blond-haired boy.

"Why didn't you?" Katsuki's smile vanished from his face, the two of you barely inches apart. His hand then wandered from your waist to your cheek, cradling your face.

"I...wanted to. I wanted to do all sorts of things to you. But...I just wanted it to happen the right way. You..." Katsuki spoke quietly, stuck on the last part of the sentence.

"You...you're the one thing I don't wanna scare off." You were silent, not realizing that was the reason Katsuki wasn't eager to...go further just yet. He was worried about messing up...about hurting you or doing something wrong...he was even worried you'd regret it.

"You idiot." You spoke to him, lifting your head up with a smile. Katsuki's eyebrows furrowed, but you continued to speak.

"I'm not running away from you. You don't scare me. You never did, and that's how I was able to find this person I love underneath it all. Have faith in me Katsuki." Katsuki didn't know what to say; no one has ever so blatantly declared their affections for him. Not to mention, he was so confused as to why he cared so much about your opinion. He didn't give two shits about anyone, but for some reason, you dug your way into his heart and like hell was he ever going to risk losing you in any way. Katsuki blurted out the first thing that came to mind. You guys didn't talk about your relationship often but now was his opportunity to ask a question that has been at the forefront of his mind.

"Why did you...choose me?" You laid with him completely relaxed, giving his soft pink lips a gentle kiss. This was not a question that stemmed from anxiety or a need for reassurance. This was a genuine curious question because you were the only girl in his life that ever felt this way about him. How could the boy who wants to be called 'King Explosion Murder' ever win a girl over?

"Well...I could say how I find you wildly attractive, love the way you look at me, and the fact I admire your tenacity towards your goals...but the truth is..." Katsuki felt his heart ache as a few stray tears sprung in your eyes, peering downcast toward his obsidian smooth sheets.  

"...well...I came to this school as a mercenary that went without a family since I was eight years old. I was alone, lived alone, had no friends, and essentially thrived off of targeting villains. I didn't really have much of anything driving my life. I viewed UA as just another mission...but for some reason, I went into this school and the first thing I got to see was you. You were the first person to reach out to me like I was a normal teen when you offered to tutor me...and when you brought me home here for the first time..." A feeling of a ball in your throat caused your eyes to water even more; Katsuki's scarlet eyes watching you and his cradled hand on you face wiping away the stray tears with his thumb.

"...Mitsuki, Masaru...you...you all have been treating me like family. I had forgotten the feeling of being loved...and you brought that back to me. You just being yourself." 

One could count the number of times Katsuki felt overwhelming affection and love for someone on one hand...and this was one of those moments. 

He pulled you in towards his chest, holding your body to his own. He didn't know how to react to you, or your genuine emotions and feelings. He watched you go from a distant and uncertain mercenary into a loving and capable hero...and his support and dedication helped you stay on this track. If Katsuki wasn't in your life...if he wasn't someone you wanted to keep by your side...maybe you wouldn't have cared as much for UA as you do.