Chapter 79- Lemillion to One

Their faces had you lost for words...and your heart felt broken. Your chest ached knowing that as children, they must have gone through something like you had experienced...and as innocent little babies, they were taken advantage of before they could understand why.

Shinso, who was an orphan and didn't have parents to protect him or prevent someone from taking advantage of him, had a piece of his quirk chipped away before he even knew it.

Izuku, who grew up thinking he was worthless simply because he was quirkless, was born with a power he never got to know. He suffered his whole life thinking that he was born unlucky and wasn't meant to be anyone special in the world.

It was because of that Doctor. It was because of a villain that wanted everything to the point he sacrificed children to do so.

Including your friends...including Eri...including you.

"Where are the quirks?!" You asked Whiz Kid and Natsuo with shaking hands gripped on the table. Katsuki placed his hand on his shoulder to comfort you, rubbing smooth warm circles against your muscles that were tense with worry.

"Well that's where we ran into problems...and where you come in," Natsuo spoke as he placed a manilla folder down in front of you. You opened it up to see three separate packets of information with pictures and names. "There are three separate facilities where The Doctor might have kept the extracted vial of Dragon's Breath. If you are interested in uncovering the location of your friend's quirk, that's where you'd have to start. Brainwashing was just a sample combined with another quirk to make it stronger, just like yours was. We are trying to locate whoever was given this vial...and all signs point to a villain in Okinawa that is notorious for robbing banks without actually...well...robbing them," Natsuo continued on his analysis. You committed these images to memory with rage burning inside of your chest at the sight.

Coupled with this rage was hope though...hope that Midoriya would finally feel complete...that Shinso would unearth answers about himself that weren't present before.

"What about her quirk?!" Katsuki asked Natsuo and Whiz Kid about you, Hawks standing back with his arms crossed and a serious expression on his face. His gold eyes were locked on your profile, seeing the way you rubbed the scars on your arm. With you being quirkless right now, you going on any sort of mission was life-threatening. Hawks was more than ready to track these people down with you, but he also realized that there was no way the two of you could do this alone. His golden eyes then drifted over to Katsuki who was just as focused and tense as you were.

Hawks shook his head while running his hand through his hair. You pushed away Katsuki to keep him safe from the mercenary world...but in order to protect your life, your boyfriend would have to dive right into it. What irony. 

"It's right here." You felt like your stomach dropped through the floor when you saw a capped metal syringe in a refrigerated canister be placed on the table by Whiz Kid.

"My...my quirk...?" You barely were able to whisper out your response as you stared at the vial with wide eyes. Katsuki's hand tightened on you, yet he didn't pressure you to take it or even move. He let you process everything in the time you needed it. Hawks' eyes went wide at the sight and hope-filled his heart. I won't have to stress about her as much if I know she can protect herself...I can have my partner in crime back.

"Holy shit! It's right there (y/n)! Just take it! You won't be quirkless anymore and that's pretty fucking awesome right?"

You weren't thinking of yourself though.

You were thinking of a little boy that sat in the Doctor's office under the guise of a quirk checkup, only to believe he got stuck with a weak quirk. The years of brutal training and embarrassment he suffered to perfect his quirk until he became the number one student at UA.