Chapter 47- Silent Pleas

A few days had passed since Katsuki walked out of the house and All Might met you and Midoriya at the beach. Despite having to start moving your things out of the house, you didn't feel quite so depressed about it. In actuality, you felt some semblance of joy. It was wonderful to live with Katsuki and his family...but to have a room that wasn't a guest room. To have a father of your own to greet you for breakfast...it's something you've dreamt about for nearly ten years. The Bakugos were family to you, that was certain, but to have a father of your own...

A smile tugged at the edges of your lips as you and Katsuki helped to pack up some of your clothes so All Might and Aizawa could come to pick them up from the Bakugo household when they went their rounds to visit the students' homes. You didn't know what they were doing, maybe to apologize for Katsuki getting kidnapped and the students getting injured...but it was a little odd to go to the students that weren't injured. 

Your own injury ached constantly, your eyes seemingly fighting a mix between dry-eye and vision strain just to maintain your sight. Katsuki was sweet enough to go to the store for you for eye drops that you could use in between using the prescription ones. You had no idea how long this would last...and you were honestly a little scared to use your quirk until your eyes felt like normal. Strong hands grasped the cardboard box you struggled to hold in your arms, your body weak after exuding so much chi using the legendary blade. If anything, it was proof that it was not to be taken lightly...only to be used in the utmost life or death situations.

"Your hands are shaking, Extra. Is this heavy for you?" He asked in a non-accusatory tone. You smiled sheepishly at the blond-haired boy.

"Um...A little bit. I think that battle took more out of me than I thought." You scratched the back of your head with an embarrassed look on your face. His expression fell just slightly...but not enough for you to notice.

"I got it, Extra. Don't worry about it." He turned away to leave the room, scarlet eyes with their gaze pinned to the floor. Katsuki suddenly froze in the doorway when he felt a comforting embrace around his torso, your chest pressed against his back.

"I missed you so much Katsuki." He had to grit his teeth to swallow the lump in his throat.

You idiot...If only I wasn't so weak, you would never have had to miss me at all.

"I missed you too." He moved forward without looking back, and for the first time in your relationship...you felt rejected. You bit your lip and sat on the edge of the stripped bed, sheets now in the wash so the bed could be made up for the Elderly Bakugo's visit at the end of the week. You sat silently staring at a wall you barely took notice of, ingraining the beige paint and framed pictures of emerald-colored succulents that decorated it stylishly. There were four frames, two on each side of the wall, perfectly spaced with a round mirror shaped like a bohemian stained metal sun in the middle that Mitsuki had shipped from Spain. Despite having the majority of your things in this room, it never was quite yours. The mirror was evident to you for the first time...just long enough for you to see your own worn-out face with a drop of water sliding down your cheek.

Each step taken on the staircase was harder for both of you. Katsuki felt like he was going to implode any minute. He needed you now more than ever, and yet his grandparents decided now was the perfect time to move their wrinkled asses in. Though...at the same time...Katsuki didn't feel like he was worthy of you. You deserved the world...you suffered insurmountable losses throughout your seventeen years of life and yet he was the one that caused you to get so wounded and weak. He feared the possibility of you losing your vision...your quirk...

Deku, you're just a quirkless loser. Why don't you do yourself a favor and jump off the side of the roof and pray you'll have a quirk in the next life.