Chapter 59- Blood Baths

Katsuki would never tell anyone he was nervous, but you knew the crimson eyed boy better than anyone else. Everything that happened with All Might had killed his faith in himself...and honestly, you weren't sure how to rectify it. After all, the guilt from thinking he was responsible for the decline of his favorite hero was bound to affect a sixteen-year-old boy. You've been talking to All Might about it lately...since the hero would probably be the only one able to clear things up. But...until All Might tells Katsuki the secret behind his quirk and Midoriya's...Katsuki would probably be left in the dark. You wanted to explain to him more than anything what was going on, but you knew in your heart it wasn't your secret to tell and Katsuki would much rather hear it from All Might himself.

Today was the start of the Provisional License Exam, and thanks to Endeavor being a total asshat and double scheduling you and Hawks for a back to back mission, you would have to miss it. So, you decided to meet Katsuki outside of the dressing room of the facility where he would be taking a test, your body adorning your mercenary outfit and mask. In less than five minutes, you were supposed to meet Hawks at the Endeavor Tower sky garden, but thankfully with your quirk that left four minutes and fifty-eight seconds to be spent with your beloved boyfriend.

Finally, Katsuki's muscular body made its appearance outside of the dressing room, full hero costume and all. Your heart always skipped a beat seeing him in full gear, the way his black mask brightened his crimson eyes...his arms were fully flexed due to the weight of the arm grenades...his muscular torso-

"Oi, Extra my eyes are up here." You looked back up to be met with a cocky spiked tooth grin that put your heart into overdrive. With a reflective smile, you started walking towards the boy in an area unseen by other visitors. 

"Well, don't look so good next time."

"Can't help it. So...why are you decked to the nines in your old outfit?" Katsuki placed his hands on your waist, gripping tightly to bring you closer. Thanks to your mask, he couldn't see the heavy red blush that ghosted over your cheeks.

"I-I got a mission today. Endeavor's been working me to the bone so Hawks and I have been trying to get shit done efficiently. Who knows, maybe that's why he's working us so hard." Katsuki's once playful expression turned serious as his thumbs rubbed circles on your hips. The pace was quick, erratic, and his eyes turned serious.

"Stay safe. Please." There was something in his tone that ached...and it hurt you. Like he was pleading beyond what his words exude.

"I always do." He released a sigh he was holding, and finally, he reached both hands upwards. One hand lifted up your mask just enough to reveal your lips and the other to caress the back of your neck. With a swift yet gentle motion, Katsuki kissed you with those lips that you would dream about. The moment was so soft...so sweet and loving...this was a side of Katsuki that no one but you would ever know and you absolutely loved it. 

"I love you," He whispered against your lips.

"And I love you too, Katsuki," You replied with a small smile against the kiss. When the two of you parted, you readjusted your mask and Katsuki beamed you a brilliant smile.

"See you later, Extra! You watch! I'm gonna catch up to you and beat the shit out of Deku and Icyhot while I do it!" He loudly exclaimed as per usual. You couldn't hold back a giggle at the change of tone, but you knew deep down inside he needed encouragement...especially since he knew you wouldn't be able to attend the exam.

"You better kill it out there! I know you can do it!" You cheered for him as he turned his back to you, placing his right hand in the air to say goodbye. Your eyes lingered for just a moment to admire him...and then you vanished. He waited until you were gone to let out a sigh that was held so tightly to his chest.