Chapter 7- Angel

Edited 10/26/22

You sat at Katsuki's kitchen table with one angry boy, one angry woman, and one apologetic man.

"KATSUKI HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO CHEW WITH YOUR MOUTH CLOSED!"

"OH I'M SORRY. WAS MY CHOMPING TOO LOUD FOR YOU?!" Katsuki yelled back while chewing with an open mouth extra loud. Katsuki's mother, the woman nearly Katsuki's twin in appearance and temper, smacked Katsuki on the back of the head.

"MIND YOUR FUCKING MANNERS YOU LITTLE ASSHOLE." 

"No fighting during dinner please. Especially when we have a lovely guest," Katsuki's father, just an everyday looking man with a kind smile, spoke in a calm voice. Katsuki and his mother both stopped their yelling match and turned to face his father and you.

"Sorry dear. We aren't used to having such a pretty girl around, especially around my dickhead child," Katsuki's mother smiled, the red-eyed woman switching her angry face with a happy one. You couldn't help but awkwardly laugh at this whole ordeal.

"Yeah, she's the only pretty girl we've ever had in this house," Katsuki made the offhand comment. You had to stop yourself from sputtering out your drink and instead tried to desperately hide the fact your face felt warm. Hearing him call you a pretty girl was the sweetest thing he's said about you so far.

Katsuki's mom's eyebrows twitched, yet she continued to shovel spicy curry in her mouth.

"Shut the fuck up," she stated in-between bites. Katsuki...thinks I'm pretty? You swallowed a bite of your food, savoring the taste of various spices and the tender meat. His mother sure knew how to cook.

"So...(y/n) was it? Tell me more about yourself," Mr. Bakugo said to you with a friendly expression. You glanced at Katsuki who gave you a small nod, showing it was okay. You looked up at him and smiled.

"I'm a transfer student at UA so I'm really new to how UA operates. I was...homeschooled before so some subjects are difficult for me. Kacchan has been kind enough to tutor me in subjects I'm behind in. I'm really lucky to have a friend like him." Katsuki's face was a slight pink color, turning his face away as if in embarrassment. His mother and father were shocked speechless, looking at you in awe.

"K-katsuki?...Our Katsuki?" His mother asked in awe. Her face quickly changed before she leaned forward on her hands, a knowing smile on her face.

"Tell me...(y/n)...there are so many people that have strong opinions on our Katsuki. What do you think of him becoming a hero?" Without missing a beat, you responded with a smile of your own, glancing at the blond boy. 

"Katsuki is going to be the number one hero one day. I just know it." Now was Katsuki's turn to be surprised. He always said that, always repeated his notion with conviction. 

Everyone seemed to nod their heads without listening or wave their hands as if telling him to dream on. He's never heard anyone outright say they believed wholeheartedly in his dreams.

Except you.

Katsuki quietly and stealthily grabbed at his chest, holding onto his black t-shirt tightly. No one saw, not even you...but the blond explosive boy looked at you with wide red eyes and a painful heart.

A mercenary was not supposed to save anyone, and yet here you were.

Just sitting right there, an arm's reach away.

Katsuki's parents looked at each other with a smile. They turned back to face you only to give you the same polite expression.

"You know, Katsuki always bragged about his cool as shit quirk but I feel like you really see who he is underneath that asshole vibe he puts out there."