Chapter 50- Burning Secrets

It was the morning before school would start again, and this afternoon you would have to move back into the dorms in preparation for the Fall semester. All Might decided that he would treat the two of you to a fun-filled breakfast at the local cafe. The shrunken in blond wore a plain blue baseball cap along with a white shirt that actually fit him for once and olive green cargo pants. His skinny face adorned a bright smile as the two of you walked together around the corner to 'Cafe Saiki', the newest place to satisfy your sweet tooth. 

The ring of the bell in the glass door entryway announced to the hostess that you and All Might had arrived. With All Might in his...disguise...the two of you remained hidden from the public eye. A chipper woman with a long purple ponytail and a smiling face that reminded you of the hero Ragdoll greeted the two of you. 

"Welcome to Cafe Saiki! Table for two?" She asked you with that bright cheery smile. You nodded and let the woman lead the way to a booth against the windows that lined the entrance of the cafe. All Might couldn't help but keep the smile on his face as the two of you sat across from each other in the cute and clean booth. You both grasped the menus the woman handed the two of you and quickly opened it up.

"So...(y/n)..." All Might started. You looked up at him with a raised eyebrow and a soft expression, showing you were listening. He continued. "...What do you think of your time staying with me? I know I'm learning and all but do you enjoy being here?" He asked with such a genuine look on his face that it caused your heart to swell. He really was trying. 

"I have never been happier," you responded honestly with a bright grin to accent your glittering eyes. He reciprocated the grin, also feeling a sense of fulfillment he had never had before. This was all new to him, even more so than you considering he never had a child before and you at least had parents at one point. The two of you had spent so much time bonding over the short two weeks you've been staying at the residence for. 

Since All Might had been on injury leave at work, he has been home all day every day with the incessant desire to do something. He never had a day off in his life since he received One for All, and this sudden stagnation was entirely different to him. So the two of you spent the last two weeks catching you up on blockbuster films you have never seen as well as TV shows. You wouldn't have guessed it, but All Might was a huge fan of romantic comedies and made you watch the American film Mean Girls and the anime Fruits Basket. 

You, on the other hand, took a slight interest in watching shonen anime like Naruto and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. You didn't think you had missed out so much in your life simply from being raised in the woods and growing up on the streets...but online streaming sites had proven you wrong. Therefore, All Might took it upon himself to create a wishlist of shows and movies for the two of you to watch together with Spirited Away being the next on the list. You now were looking forward to coming home on your next break if it meant being able to watch more shows with All Might. 

"What may I get for the both of you?" A kind and chipper voice broke your train of thought; a woman in blonde pigtail buns and a waitress uniform greeted the two of you with a pleasant disposition. All Might took this moment in, despite how simple it was, and felt a sense of pride. His sacrifice and permanent weakness gave people like this waitress the ease of being able to smile and work without worries of villains or violence. That's all he had been fighting for and as long as people like her...like you...continue to smile, then he would say it was all worth it.

"Oh erm...All M-, Dad...you go first," You said nearly giving away All Might's identity. He gave you a thankful smirk while you turned your eyes downwards to speedread the menu. How are there so many options for just CARBS?