Chapter 52- Closed Doors

You wanted to wake up from this nightmare. 

Ochaco Uraraka.

She was so kind to you and to be honest...she was the first girl you ever considered to be your 'best friend'. She had your back and supported you when you fell in love with Katsuki...she always acted with a sense of bubbly happiness and lively. You relied on her and overlooked her betrayal thinking it would have been impossible...but just like Toru Hagakure, you were wrong. 

You stood up with tears brimming your own eyes as they quickly overflowed, the sound of muffled explosions outside no longer grasping your attention. A fissure broke through your heart as sharp chest pains reverberated through the parts of your body. You thought she hated you for putting Hagakure away...maybe just held some form of resentment over some simple jealousy...but this...

...all the pain Katsuki felt right now was because of the girl in front of you.

You wiped the tears away as your eyes narrowed in bloodshot rage.

"Out of respect for our previous friendship, I will give you a minute to explain EXACTLY why you did what you did and how you betrayed us. You will answer every question I ask you with full honesty or you will not walk away from this. Do you understand me?" You stated with clear intent behind your lacquered tongue. How smoothly you were able to threaten a person you felt adoration for...it was just as terrifying as being betrayed by them.

Ochaco buried her face in her hands but soon removed them after hearing your threat. Her voice cracked and wobbled as the outpouring of her bottled up feelings cracked through the mask she had been wearing for weeks.

"It started the night that Hagakure was captured. My parents...(y/n) my parents have a demolition and construction company that employs quirkless people. Because they are quirkless, no hero agency wants to hire them for contracts and their business is about to fail. If that happens...my family and I will be homeless. Kurogiri captured me after Hagakure was put into custody on the same night and took me to their bar to meet Shigaraki. It was there that they cut me a deal: either I supply them with information, or they feed my father to loan sharks. I...I didn't have a choice." Ochaco croaked with each word she said, and your blood started to boil.

"Was your intent to harm any students in any way?" You asked her with crossed arms and a stagnant voice.

"No of course not...but I had to give them what they wanted or else they would have used my family's debt against them!" After listening to her, you pinched the bridge of your nose.

"How did you communicate with them? What did they ask of you to do? And are you currently giving them information?" 

"They gave me an old school pager. It looked like a calculator so it got passed the security before we went camping. That Toga girl ended up crushing it when the villains attacked, saying that they didn't need me anymore and she was going to tie up a 'loose end'...but I survived her attack. So no I'm not currently talking to them," She said.

"And what about my other question. What did they ask you to do Ochaco?"

She gritted her teeth knowing that you were going to hate the next sentence.

"They...wanted to know who the successor to All Might was. They pressured me, asking me who they were...and I just said his name to protect-...because I had to. Originally they wanted to lure you in but taking him and converting him would mean that All Might's successor would be a villain and his lineage would die out." Listening to her made your blood run cold as beads of sweat built upon the surface of your skin.

"Him?! Who do you mean by him?! " You growled, knowing exactly who she was talking about. You needed to hear her say his name. 

"Bakugo. I told them he was his successor. I...I wanted to say Deku since he seems so similar to All Might but I just couldn't. I wouldn't be able to handle if Deku got...if he...if what happened to Bakugo happened to him." You clenched your fists and threw a right hook straight towards her jaw but stopped just before you could connect. The hand stayed there as a lingering threat while Ochaco gritted her teeth in fear to the point of agony. A shadow loomed over your face as you spoke.