Chapter 33- Mother

Summer break was finally here.

For some reason...despite the exams, the assignments, you felt empty to no longer be walking through UA's halls. The morning routine, walking with Katsuki to and from school, talking to All Might in between classes, even sitting with the infamous Ketchup and Mustard duo at lunch...you were going to miss it for the few weeks you had off. At least you'd see everyone when the summer camp starts

Most importantly, you had Katsuki.

You couldn't put your mind to rest, Eraserhead's words and Dabi's were circulating your thoughts as if it were a hamster wheel. You just couldn't drop it...you couldn't let it go. I mean how could you? How could you just drop the topic after hearing someone admit they burned your fellow villagers alive?

With a smile on Dabi's face too.

It was late in the evening, Katsuki was sitting on his bed, back against the wall with his legs extended and ankles crossed as he played Xbox for the first time since the two of you got together. He was talking to Kirishima and Sero on the headset, Kaminari taking a food break. You watched him play, his presence so relaxed yet animated so happily. It was like he actually got to relax and be a teenaged boy without such societal pressures on him to become a hero.

You envied him.

You would have gone straight to the Hunter's Borough after school...but Eraserhead's words kept you by Katsuki's side. You anchored yourself to him because you knew it was the only thing stopping you from running off to kill the villains. You were unsure what you wanted to do, and it wasn't like you had to have Katsuki by your side to stay sane, but you needed his presence to remind you of your dream...of All Might's trust...of you and Katsuki's future.

"I'm...gonna go get a snack or something..." You mumbled, a migraine coming on, Katsuki's eyes darted over to you, his large hand gripping your wrist before you could slide off his bed.

"Hey, Extra." You turned to look at Katsuki, him sliding off his bright red headset to be around his neck, muting his mic. His eyes were narrowed in concern, his grip becoming soft and comforting.

"You okay?" He followed up. You nodded with a tired smile on your lips.

"Y-yeah, just...tired is all." He squeezed his hand slightly, sighing with closed eyes.

"I know you're lying. Figure your shit out and talk to me. No secrets, remember?" You nodded in reply, the exhaustion as clear on your face as glass.

"Yeah...let me unravel my thoughts first. I still love you...it's not about you...I just...let me have a minute to think." Katsuki was about to let go of your hand when he quickly brought you in close for a kiss on the forehead, your eyes wide in shock.

"Do whatever you gotta do. I'll be here ya know." You gave him a genuine soft smile, one that lifted his spirits a bit.

She'll be okay...she always is...and if she isn't I'll be here to fix it.

It was about one in the morning, Friday night turning into Saturday morning. You walked quietly down the stairs in your pajama shorts and Katsuki's favorite black tank top, the material hugging your figure nicely. You reached a hallway that led into the kitchen where you were itching to eat some sort of snack. There's nothing a solid few scoops of ice cream couldn't fix, right?

You were about to step into the kitchen when you realized the light was still on, and the room was occupied.

"Oh, (y/n)! You're up late!" A spunky voice belonging to Mitsuki echoed through the kitchen. You looked at her as she sported a robe and pajama pants, drinking a mug of black coffee.