Chapter 3- Investigations

Edited 9/21/22

Each day started and ended the same.

You would have your hero classes next to Bakugo who ignored you and Kirishima who was always a pleasant person to be around. You sat between Bakugo and Todoroki during lunch and the explosion boy would finally talk to you during your after school tutoring.

By your fourth day, Bakugo actually started conversation with you. You were shocked but this was all part of your overall plan. This kid was the center of plenty of incidents here at UA so being as close to him as you could get was crucial.

And truthfully he was a lot of fun all riled up.

Now you were in homeroom, waiting for the day to begin at 8am. You sat in your seat and listened around the classroom to hear what the latest gossip was.

Ochaco started to develop a crush on Izuku, Mineta was in suspension after school for peeping in the girl's locker room, Kaminari was chatting up Jiro...everyone had something going on...

"Dumbass Newbie, get that stupid look off your face." Your eyes focused on the ash blond as his scarlet eyes connected with yours.

"Hm? And what look is that Kacchan?" You asked him playfully. His eyebrows furrowed in annoyance as he grit his teeth, showing off his gums.

"That dumbass zoned-out look on your face. Pay the fuck attention. This is why your grades suck." You chuckled to yourself but that seemed to rile up Bakugo more.

"Dude class hasn't even started yet. No need to piss yourself over me just existing," you retorted  rather quickly. Bakugo wasn't used to someone playing off of his temper like this with equal fire and cut throat confidence. It felt like he was working harder to try and piss you off...and the exercise was both extremely annoying and almost thrilling.

"Come on, don't pretend like you don't try and make a point of being so fucking annoying," Bakugo scoffed while taking his seat and kicking his feet up on the desk.

"Alright everyone quiet down." A mellow and relatively bored voice of authority broke through.

"Bakugo, feet down. Class is starting." Bakugo huffed in annoyance that Eraserhead forced him to sit like a good boy but you tried so hard not to laugh. He truly had the temperament of a toddler sometimes.

It continued like that for most of the day.

Bakugo found something to tease you about, you teased him back, and then you both got into an argument. It was fun and entertaining but more than that, you learned so much about him just by what annoyed him.

The superiority complex was obvious and he treated school like it was a job. He showed up, got his work done, put in his hours, and then it was over. There was no watercooler banter or any desire for happy hour. This was a guy that simply wanted to get the job done in order to become a pro-hero.

Obviously that wouldn't work for you since you had your own job to do.

He was the most anti-people person guy in the class, even more so than Tokoyami or Koda despite the latter's shyness, and was the hardest shell to break. Once you cracked Katsuki Bakugo, you were sure the rest of the students would be easy. From there were the teachers...and inevitably you would find the hole in UA's defense and fill in that gap.

Aside from your job though, it was nice to pretend for a change that you were simply a student where your biggest worry was math homework. These students were sweet with such genuine feelings towards becoming a hero that it almost soured your taste for being here.

You didn't know them that long but...having any sort of friendship after only looking after yourself for so long really did lift a weight from your shoulders.