Chapter 25- Katsuki's Promise

Katsuki sat bored at his desk on Wednesday, the day after the attack. You were still in the hospital, Hagakure was in custody, and no one in the class seemed to notice either.

This infuriated the explosive blond.

You were suffering in the hospital, having saved who knows how many hundreds of people that could have been killed by the terroristic threat of planted bombs, and no one would ever know.

He clenched his jaw, cracking his knuckles whilst glaring at the morning sky through the window next to him. This wasn't fair to you. You deserved recognition. You deserved to be known as a hero. Katsuki watched the way you cried to All Might one afternoon...asking him with puffy red eyes and a waivering voice if you too could become a hero.

All he wanted to do was tell you how proud he was of you, a rare sense for him to feel for someone else, but he never found the words.

Eraserhead made his way through the door and began the morning classroom announcements when he stood behind the classroom podium.

"Alright I'm sure all of you heard about the incident regarding the school's closing yesterday. There were bombs planted in the basement of the school, set to go off at 8am yesterday." A series of gasps were heard when Eraserhead explained the severity of the situation. The news made it sound all in control...the situation in actuality was on the verge of catastrophic. Katsuki was ready to hear the excuse 'random hero arrived' or 'thankfully we have a good security team'...his eyes furrowed and his muscular frame was tense to hide his anger.

"I want you all to look around you today to see who is sitting with you in the class." After a few seconds, Midoriya raised his hand.

"Sensei, where's (y/n)?" Not a moment later Mina raised her hand.

"And Toru!" Eraserhead gave an unsettling smile, one that rumbled everyone's stomachs. Katsuki didn't know what direction his teacher was heading with this.

"Hagakure and (y/n) are absent...that's correct. That's because Hagakure is in police custody for planting said bombs and (y/n) is in the hospital for saving our lives. She risked her life to save all of us and we owe her our thanks. What I am saying will not leave this room, understood? Hagakure was secretly working for the League of Villains and (y/n) put a stop to it. "

Katsuki froze completely, the classroom silent in shock, confusion, and fear.

What the hell was going on?!

Katsuki's scarlet eyes met Aizawa's onyx ones, the elder nodding his head in acknowledgment. The blond hero's stern expression grew into a sharp smile. Questions began erupting as the students broke from their trance...but no matter what, Katsuki couldn't stop smiling to himself.

~~

You woke up in the hospital room that you swore you saw more than your own in the dorms. A lonely feeling hit your chest as you looked out the sunny window, a view of UA not too far from the room.

I wonder how everyone is doing...I wonder if they will hate me for taking away one of their friends if they figure out what I did.

Someone knocked on the door to your room, your head snapping in that direction. 

"Come in." Not a moment later, your teacher, Shouta Aizawa walked through the door with a casual expression on his scruffy face.

"Feeling any better (y/n)?" He asked you. Happy to have a visitor, you smiled and nodded your head.

"Yeah, I do. Some of the staff have really pleasant healing quirks that made this a lot easier. I should be out by the end of the weak if my MRI turns out well. Thanks for visiting me Sensei." You smiled brightly. Aizawa had a sense of pride over you that he didn't usually feel towards students. You transformed from such a private, broken, and fruitless child at the beginning of your time in UA to now a powerful hero with drive and determination sat in front of him. You were a shining example of why Aizawa became a teacher to begin with. He gave you a slight smile back, standing partially in the doorway.