Chapter 14- Flames

Edited 5/16/23

White lights.

The bright florescent lights hung over your head like a tombstone marking your grave. Once the light came into focus, you started feeling a significant amount of pain basically everywhere.

Your memory was hazy, yet the scathing sensation on your left side reminded you of your trauma.

The sweltering heat, the smell of burnt hair and flesh. The wave of blazing red that came toward you.

You were engulfed.

You glanced at your left side to see your arm bandaged all the way up to your neck. Your leg had matching wrap job and your left ear was covered in a cotton patch. Your mouth and nose were covered by an oxygen mask with a hint of the salty scent of saline lingering. Were you on a nebulizer? What happened to your lungs?

Your instincts wanted you to panic, but instead you channeled that nervous energy into coping humor.

You snorted to yourself while thinking of Todoroki. "I guess I'm a different kind of half and half." You looked around the room to see you weren't in the nurse's office, but the hospital instead.

"I guess I did go a bit overboard..."

"You could say that again." Your eyes traveled over to the door to see Eraserhead making his appearance, also covered in bandages.

"Looks like we got ourselves all wrapped up in trouble eh Sensei?" You grinned while removing the mask. Your throat was a bit sore from what must have been smoke inhalation and coughing while unconscious. Aizawa stopped in his spot.

"Don't make me want to kill myself this early in the morning." You couldn't stop the laugh barrelling out from your chest.

"Sorry Sensei. Say...what time is it?" The iconic hero opened up the blinds to show you that you were in the middle of the town of Musutafu, a suburban city outside of Tokyo that UA was located in. The sky was crystal clear and cerulean. It was quite a beautiful day out.

"It's morning, class will begin soon where I will tell the students which agencies they have been invited to. I have a list of the students and where they have been invited as well as the students with no invitations." Aizawa placed the stack of papers and records in your hands, giving you a pencil and a red marker to use.

You felt an intense amount of disappointment in your chest that you missed Katsuki's match, but you were relieved to know there weren't any significant security concerns. You just hoped no one noticed the vial in your gym locker.

"I know your job is to look after the students...so I will come back after school tomorrow to give you the list of where the students chose to understudy at," Aizawa continued. You smiled at your teacher, the man holding no expression...well...nevermind the fact he was still bandaged on his face and most of his arms.

"I really appreciate this Sensei. You've just made my job so much easier." Aizawa started to laugh, making you worried for what was in store for you.

"Don't thank me yet." Suddenly you remembered your UA uniform.

"Ah! Sensei do you know what happened after I must have passed out? It's all foggy to me."

"Yeah...you suffocated in Todoroki's fire and passed out. Turns out your quirk doesn't help if you can't breathe. Looks like you aren't much of a match for someone with a fire quirk. I tried to stop his fire but you already had a few burns and were completely unconscious by the time everything cooled off. All Might had to hold back Bakugo from making a fool of himself. If it weren't so tragic, it would have been almost funny."