Chapter 24- A Dream Realized

As with any profession, being a hero teacher at UA came with pestering downsides. Aizawa was experiencing first hand the annoying downside of being a teacher in the spotlight.

"Eraserhead! What was the cause of the UA explosion last night?!"

"Is it true that one of the students was arrested?!"

"Who was the mysterious person seen at the scene of the crime?!"

"How can parents trust UA with multiple attacks happening here?!"

"Where were the heroes?! Where was All Might?!"

The veteran hero sighed in annoyance at the press conference he was forced to attend by Principal Nezu who was at police HQ at the time.

"This is all I'm going to say on the matter. The explosion last night was caused by a small self-contained explosive device. Every member of the security staff was safe and uninjured thanks to an anonymous hero that was on the scene. Thanks to the police and bomb squad unit, planted explosives in the basement were found, disarmed, and removed. The school has been combed through and deemed safe by the police department as well as the UA heroes on staff. We are questioning the suspect at large to determine the scale of our future security at UA and as of right now, school will resume tomorrow."

Aizawa took a breath and looked directly in the camera for the nationwide news; everyone arrived on the scene as soon as the police gave the 'ok'.

"To the parents who are concerned about the safety of your children...just know that their safety is our absolute priority and all of our staff members are trained specifically to protect your children. There is always a trained hero with your children at all times, ensuring their safety. Any questions regarding future procedures and other concerns can be addressed to Principal Nezu's office."

The press tried desperately to get Aizawa to answer more questions but the hero was just anxious to go back to the hospital to check on you. He felt a rock hard lump in his gut consisting of guilt and worry when it came to thinking about you. The doctors proved you had a concussion...and you have still yet to wake up.

You sacrificed everything to protect the people at UA...and if that didn't make you just as much of a hero as All Might, he didn't know what did.

~~

Katsuki sat in front of the TV with his parents early in the morning when UA announced school was closed from the day. Their eyes were all glued on the TV, Katsuki's eyes wide in nervousness as the news station played footage from Aizawa's interview.

"...the security staff was safe and uninjured thanks to an anonymous hero that was on the scene..."

"Mom...did you see (y/n) this morning?" Katsuki asked slowly. Mitsuki looked upwards, trying to recall if she saw your face this morning or last night.

"I don't think so...that's weird." Masaru, Katsuki's father, looked at his son in concern.

"I don't think I saw her either. You don't think she was there was she?" Katsuki felt sick suddenly. If you were missing, then you most certainly went to UA to check on the incident from the night before. If everything was alright, then you would have returned home...back to Katsuki.

But you were nowhere to be found.

"I need to go." Katsuki stood up to go put on a sweatshirt, remembering that it was still chilly outside and knowing you'd yell at him otherwise. Masaru placed a palm on his son's chest to stop him, a concerned expression on his elder face.

"Be careful. If there are problems at UA then they might be targeting students. Be strong and protect her like the hero you are." Katsuki's father took a very simplistic and uninvolved approach to parenting such a proud and bold boy like Katsuki. Although, when Katsuki's father did step up to say something, Katsuki always took the message to heart. A man of little words only uses the ones that matter.