Chapter 68- Lights Out

TW: Mentions of sexual assault

Katsuki stood behind a barrier of heroes and yet he felt like more of a danger than the villain standing not to far in front of them. After everything that happened today, the explosive blond found himself on the brink of going nuclear. For a moment, he was granted reprieve from the image of a head rolling near his feet and only focused on the glowing blue flames that encompassed Dabi's obsidian clad figure.

Katsuki remembered Dabi's threat.

He remembered what the villain had said about you screaming in agony and pain while Dabi merely smiled.

He pictured you sobbing in the corner on the floor while Dabi approached you with a sickening grin...

...he pictured Dabi violating the only sense of innocence you had left.

"Katsuki?" You barely were able to croak out as you watched his eyes glow into a bloodthirsty shade of red. Hawks gripped you tighter as his wings reached their full span to appear more threatening. Knowing what Hawks has done in the past during your mercenary missions convinced you he was the most dangerous person here, even moreso than Endeavor. Every feather in his crimson wings could be transformed into a weapon while his eyes were sharp and his speed unmatched. He was the ultimate predator that the people of this world should revere with both awe and fear.

But even Hawks showed concern when Katsuki started to glow from the palm upwards to his shoulders...as if his explosion quirk was charging for a supernova. 

"Bakugo, stand down," Hawks called out to the teen. Shoto and Shinso looked over to see him ready to burst, but it was Endeavor that commanded everyone's presence.

"Enough!" Enji held his arm up to signal Katsuki to stop, but Katsuki was rearing and ready to go. In his eyes, he already killed someone once that had done you so much wrong. If his soul was already dammed, he mind as well add this villain to the list. "Stop with the games Dabi! I've had enough of your destruction and violence. Working with Overhaul and The Doctor is a new low, even for the League of Villains," Endeavor gritted with his flaming facial hair setting his own firey cyan eyes aglow. Dabi glanced over to you with his cerulean eyes narrowed, his scarred face twisted in disgust over the mention of the people who caused you to be so frail. Your eyes locked and your heart lept from your chest seeing Dabi reunite with his father, the latter unknowing who the villain was he was threatening.

"Don't ever lump me with those sorry sacks of shit again. That Doctor got what was coming to him and it's only a matter of time before Overhaul does too. Although I have to say, sweetheart..." Dabi looked back to you and offered you a smile that looked threatening to anyone else but so sweet and calming to you. This Dabi was the one that would read to you...to brush your hair out of its tangled and matted form...the one that would offer you warmth during the worst moments of your life...it left you feeling conflicted in so many ways. "I'm gonna miss feeling you against me all night. Maybe I should pay you a little visit soon. You know...so you won't miss me too much." His sly smile curled into a smirk and a wink, leaving Katsuki raging beyond measure.

The blond couldn't handle it anymore. 

It was your broken body laying in Hawks' arms.

It was your sanity teetering on the brink of madness.

It was your life that was ruined by Dabi 

Katsuki swore to you so many times over that he would be there for you, that he'd never let anything happen to you, that he'd be the number one hero. Now he felt like he could never look All Might in the eyes again...that he failed the only person in his life he revered and looked up to...now he realized why Deku was chosen over him. How was he ever supposed to follow in All Might's steps if he's killed a man and allowed another to brutalize the woman he loved?