Chapter 2- Becoming Friends

Edited 9/21/22

Once you made it to the cafeteria, you were stuck with the impending social doom of who do I sit with?

Mild anxiety ticked away at your gut with this massive decision. Would it be weird to sit with one group versus another? Perhaps it was best to aim for those you were familiar with...which meant Bakugo, Kirishima, Midoriya, Ochaco, and Iida were at the top of your list.

Of course they sat on completely opposing sides of the lunchroom.

I have to make a choice who to sit with...but who?

You peered around the room only to notice everyone had someone to sit with and were engaged in conversation. You stood frozen with your tray of food, unsure where to go to or if the people you were around would even accept you. This was a window of opportunity for you and it was slipping from your grasp...where do I go?

"New girl." You turned your head to see the half-white, half red-headed boy staring back at you with a passive expression.

"Ah um...you're Todoroki, right? Nice to meet you, please call me (y/n)," you expressed politely with a slightly anxious smile. You were strong but social settings weren't always your forte. Thankfully this would only make you more believable so you didn't try to hide it. Todoroki nodded his head and you noticed him pointing to two empty seats near where Bakugo sat.

"There are open seats over there. Bakugo may disrupt you, but it is the only section that always has free space."

Fucking thank you Todoroki.

"Do you sit over there as well?" The boy nodded.

"I try to maintain some distance from Bakugo since he is... hot-headed...but like I said there tend to be fewer people over there. Midoriya is very popular and most of the class sits with or near him. Bakugo...not so much. I prefer less company." You felt a tug at your heart as you looked at the back of Bakugo's spikey blond hair. He was silent while he ate his sandwich. He clearly was deep in thought but the quiet didn't feel right.

Does everyone avoid you Bakugo?

Maybe establishing a connection between Bakugo and the rest of this class will keep him out of trouble. According to his file, he wanders on his own and gets into fights. Will establishing a bond and trust help keep him safe?

You didn't know but you had to try.

"Thank you! You wouldn't mind if I sat with you, would you?" Your smile was gentle and real, so Shoto didn't have much resistance to deny you.

"Of course not. Come with me."

You followed Todoroki as he passed by Midoriya's table, the latter waiving excitedly towards you.

"Come sit with us (y/n)!" His goofy grin was heartwarming and pure, clearly just wanting to get to know you better and make you feel more comfortable at UA. You smiled and waved back. His table was basically filled to the brim with most of class 1A...it would have been a challenge to fit in with the whole group.

"I'm going to sit with Todoroki and Bakugo! Maybe tomorrow?" You offered an apologetic smile as a shocked expression was worn on the group's faces. As you walked away you heard them talk amongst themselves.

"Is she trying to get herself killed?! Bakugo clearly hates her guts," Hagakure gossiped to Ochaco who shrugged.

Midoriya was the only one who seemed to understand, his eyes following your back as you walked towards the opposite side of the lunchroom.