Chapter 48- Rapunzel

You, Aizawa, and All Might made a detour back to All Might's house before leaving for Midoriya's. The building was not too far from the beach that he and Midoriya frequented when the two trained before his induction into UA. It was a small, standalone two-story house with the top half being a stone black with a white gated balcony and the bottom a completely white smooth cement. There was a black tile overhang above the first story and another hanging roof over the balcony, allowing you to walk out on it during the rain and avoid getting soaked. You spotted a small cushioned chair and mini table on the balcony, enough for one person to sit there.

The bottom story of the house held plenty of square modern windows with blinds that hid the contents inside. The only window of the house that was completely open was the glass sliding door that led to the second story balcony you were already attached to.

"(y/n), let me show you to your room real quick before Aizawa and I leave to continue our job. Midoriya's is going to be...rough." All Might spoke with a hint of sourness in his tone. You eagerly agreed, attempting to help Aizawa carry a box but your arms were too weak to do so.

"I got it kiddo. Just worry about finding out where I'm supposed to put this stuff." He chuckled. You pouted at your teasing teacher but elected to walk towards the entryway of the house. There was a lovely cobblestone walkway that let to the front stoop where pots were stationed, empty and waiting to have flowers planted in them. Unruly hedges lined the stone walkway, causing you to have to duck some of the larger branches. As you ducked, Aizawa was hit smack in the face by a branch.

"You couldn't have trimmed these, All Might?" Eraserhead grumbled to an embarrassed blond man.

"Err...sorry. I haven't been home much to do any maintenance."

"Ahh so that's why you were so eager to be Dadmight. You needed a free gardener!" You teased the man as he unlocked his front door. He scoffed while keeping a bright grin on his face. The key clicked in the slot and he slid the door open to reveal a traditional home on the inside.

"You think so poorly of me Young (y/n)!" You walked inside and took off your shoes only to see two matching All Might themed slippers waiting by the door. One was for All Might, and the other looked to be about your size. You couldn't wipe the grin on your face as you slid into the slippers and walked on the wood flooring of the home. The caramel-colored polished wood reminded you of your favorite scent as you introduced yourself to the place you could now call home. The walls were bare in the living room, for the most part, with only a medium-sized TV, black microfiber L-shaped couch, and a glass coffee table in the middle. You walked passed the living room to see a white staircase to your left and a door to a bathroom on your right. Beyond that was the mixed kitchen/dining room that housed a small table with four chairs and a salt and pepper granite counter with a dual metal sink. All Might had a stainless steel gas stove with four burners and a single oven, a matching refrigerator not too distant.

"Help yourself to anything in the fridge!" He commented as you looked around. The house was small, maybe the side of a large apartment if anything...but you felt at ease here. Instead of feeling a sense of emptiness as you looked around the bare white walls, you accepted a challenge. Now was your chance to make memories with All Might...with all of your friends...

...now was your chance to start over with the life that was stolen from you.

You traversed up the stairs where a hallway only went left and right. Smack in the center was a linen closet, washer, and dryer. To your left was the room with the balcony and to your right was another bedroom. All Might walked left with a big grin plastered on his cheeks.

"I saw you staring this room down as we came in. I'm glad I saved this room for you then." Your eyes sparkled with a glowing light of joy as you entered the room to see a queen-sized western bed positioned in the center of the right wall.