Chapter 37- Puzzle Pieces

A/N The picture above is a fan art done by a reader. Any rude comments about fan art will be deleted/blocked.

To say you were annoyed would be an understatement.

Your eyes burned in searing pain after your final trip from one of the MANY stores Aizawa wanted you to travel to back in the town UA was stationed in. You discovered you could carry two sacks of potatoes and two grocery bags on each arm while teleporting, your absolute maximum for now. I guess I could teleport two toddlers long distances...not that helpful right now.

"I got ya damn groceries Aizawa sensei." You put down the items with slight force on the kitchen counter, the man leaning back in the kitchen chair with his black sock clad feet crossed on the table. He was drinking a cup of coffee in one hand while reading Sherlock Holmes in the other, his eyes not tired for once.

"Thanks, but could have used them without the attitude," Eraserhead responded without looking at you. You sat down on the other side of the table, glaring at him with your bloodshot, scarlet eyes. 

"Everyone else is training hard, and I'm here running errands for you. How is that supposed to make me feel, Eraserhead?" Your arms were crossed with a frown etched into your lips. He sighed, placing down his dog-eared book with various notes scratched into the margins.

"I didn't take you for a heavy reader." You commented to break the slight tension. His hair was pulled back, exposing his face where slight facial hair was growing in to perfectly shadow his sharp jawline. His collar bones were exposed, his lean, yet muscular arms beginning to match your expression.

"I like reading, just never have the time for it anymore. I figured I'd take the hour to myself to get back into it. Then you came barging in to complain." He sipped his coffee, giving you a light smile.

"What, you want me to say sorry? You're the one that was ill-prepared for his students to eat here."

"Ouch. You're speaking rather boldly to your teacher." 

"No...I'm speaking to a co-worker. Have we established a perimeter for this area and do we know that none of the students have phones on them? It's so easy for someone dense like Kaminari to take a snapchat pic and expose this whole thing. I know the Wild Wild Pussycats have their own methods of doing things and that Vlad's class is here...but how do we know we really are off the grid? I feel uneasy." You spoke to Aizawa as an equal, leaving the grown man feeling unsure how to approach you. You were young, seventeen years of age, but the way you carried yourself and conversed with him was no different than someone like Midnight or Thirteen. You spoke your mind honestly without a filter, spoke to him as a full-fledge adult...and it made him feel slightly uncomfortable. You were so much different from the other girls in the class who were certainly still children...but you on the other hand...you grew up earlier than you needed to.

"You want coffee?" Aizawa diverted his gaze from you, turning towards the warm coffee pot near the stove.

"Aizawa Sensei..." You gave a warning tone to the elder man as he turned away from you.

"Look, you need to have faith in our hosts. They've been doing this for a while...but I understand your unease. It's easier with the UA security system around...but we really are in the middle of nowhere." He poured you a cup of coffee, holding it in his hand for a moment before looking up at you for the first time in a bit.  

"Uhh...do you take cream or sugar?" He asked you. You shrugged, curious about how Aizawa took his coffee.

"Just make it how you like it." He was silent in his reply, putting in three spoonfuls of sugar and no creamer at all. He went to the refrigerator and grabbed a small container of whipped cream. He turned to you with a cheeky expression.