Chapter 36- Camping

Finally. 

You stepped off the bus with cramped legs and a slight headache from being on a loud bus filled with your classmates. For some reason, Mineta elected not to wear deodorant today and you could smell it a mile away. Everyone seemed sweaty and cramped, Aizawa's thick raven hair even stuck to parts of his face in sweat. Well...he does wear all black all the time. Sitting with Todoroki was no different from lunch usually...he was mostly quiet but when he did talk you listened to every word. 

"Need something to drink?" You looked over at the half and half boy who smiled at you, using his ice quirk to form a cylinder then using his fire hand to melt the center of it into water. You grinned at Icyhot, taking the handmade cup from him with a quick thank you.

"That is one useful quirk." You commented, sipping the cold water. Once you drank what melted,  Shoto took the ice cup back and formed more water for himself. Midoriya found you and approached the two of you with his usual freckled pearly grin.

"(y/n)!! Can you believe it! Look who's come to instruct us! It's the Wild Wild Pussycats!" You narrowed your eyes at the name, yet still tried to match Izuku's enthusiasm about the lessons you all will have. He was totally fanboying, which amused you and pissed off Katsuki who was heading your way. Izuku yelped in fear, leaving you and Shoto once again to listen to the instructors that made themselves known. Two women dressed as colorful cats stood next to Aizawa and introduced themselves to the class. You sweatdropped at the sight of them...man it was sad seeing women in their 30s still pretending to be eighteen...

The woman in pink cheerily introduced herself alongside the woman in blue, both of them wearing cat paws and tails with makeup on their faces.

"I'm Mandalay!" Said the pink one.

"I'm Pixiebob! Said the blue one. Katsuki finally made it next to you, Shoto glaring at the side of his face as the explosive boy put a hand on your shoulder. Katsuki leaned down and put his lips against your ear, whispering.

"Are we seriously being taught by fucking furries?!"

You immediately had to cover your mouth and cough to hide the building hysterical laughter in your throat. Shoto rolled his eyes, feeling annoyed that Katsuki was infringing on his time with you. A possessive feeling overtook Todoroki...it was like every time he saw you with Katsuki it no longer hurt...but filled him with anger. His lungs started to ache as if the wind was knocked out of him, the anxiety and pain pinning him to the ground he stood on. What's happening to me? I don't hate Bakugo...why am I suddenly just so...angry?

Todoroki didn't realize what he felt wasn't his natural state...and he didn't tell you what was going on...if he did then maybe you would have known you were being watched from the start.

The ground suddenly gave way in a landslide, forcing everyone to fall towards the forest below. Your classmates screamed in fear as they fell, Pixiebob yelling a hearty 'good luck' to you and your class. Class 1A was expected to make it to the center of the forest where the cabins were by lunch. In order to get there, however, you all had to fight your way through. You looked over to see the Icyhot boy in pain as you fell, reaching over to grasp his hand.

"We got this Shoto!" With your voice and touch, the pain went away.

~~

You were exponentially glad that you brought a knife with you, strapped you your thigh in a way that was hidden. You pulled it out, running with Katsuki, Kirishima, and Todoroki to bust through the monsters made of rock that Pixiebob was making. Kirishima ran next to you as Katsuki and Todoroki were competitively blowing up monsters next to each other.