Chapter 63- The Yin Within

WEEK 1 IN CAPTIVITY: PART 2

Katsuki couldn't stop tapping his desk with his pen during class. He couldn't get you off of his mind...all he wanted to do was leave UA and come running for you, but thanks to a deal he and Endeavor made, he was stuck being in class for now. Katsuki and Shoto were allowed to join the Endeavor agency to research into what had happened to you, but the trade-off was that the two students still had to attend class. The villains that attacked you were organized, Endeavor knew this, and so he assumed that eyes would be on UA and the students during your absence. Keeping the school in routine would ensure that the villains would have no idea if the heroes at UA or in the agencies would know of your absence, and the less they knew the better. 

Not to mention, Katsuki and Shoto both were unlicensed so involving them in this mess at all would be completely illegal. Endeavor wanted to keep their records as clean as possible where he could, especially for his beloved son. Now it was lunchtime...and the day felt like it slowed to a crawl.

"Hey man, you alright? You've been fidgety all day," Kirishima asked the blond during lunch. Your seat was vacant between Bakugo and Todoroki...and the two boys felt your absence more than ever.

"Yeah, I'm fine." The reply was curt and blunt...but Kirishima knew better than to linger on a topic Katsuki wanted to avoid.

"Okay dude. If you wanna chat, you can tell me anytime. If not, that's fine too," His red spikey hair was growing out and his black roots were nearly exposed. Katsuki glanced at his friend and wondered how the two of them ended up becoming so close...how he knew that Kirishima would always be there to support him no matter what. Kirishima was willing to break whatever rules to help save Katsuki before...maybe he wouldn't mind doing it a second time.

"Actually yeah. I do want to talk." The table went silent. Kirishima, Shinso, and Todoroki sat in quiet shock while watching Katsuki as he slowly ate his snack peppers. Katsuki's eyes glanced over to see Kaminari, who usually frequented the lunch table, talking to Jiro...and then his scarlet gaze landed on Midoriya as he was about to pass by Katsuki's table with his lunch tray.

"Deku, come here." The calmness in Katsuki's voice was almost terrifying to the green-haired boy...Midoriya had no idea whether he should just drop the tray and run or sit in surprise that Bakugo called him out so seriously.

"Erm...okay Kacchan," Midoriya nervously replied as he sat in Kaminari's usual seat. 

Eijro Kirishima, Izuku Midoriya, Hitoshi Shinso, Shoto Todoroki, and Katsuki Bakugo sat together as a unit, completely unaware that there was an underlying presence that constantly brought them to cohesion.

And that presence was always you.

"(Y/n)'s in trouble," Katsuki admitted with a low voice, him trying to hide the topic from anyone eavesdropping. Todoroki narrowed his thin eyebrows with a speculative look, almost in disbelief that Katsuki would ever reach out to help. Katsuki on the other hand had realized something. When it was your life on the line, pride should never get in the way of saving the one he loved. 

Which is why he was seeking out help from the people he trusted most...including Deku.

"What do you mean Kacchan?" Deku spoke up first. Shinso was focused with gritted teeth and a sharp pain in his chest. He was feeling the same anxiety hearing those words as when he watched you fight on TV.

"I don't know what's up yet, but Endeavor was on his knees crying to All Might earlier. I have a feeling that something happened to her either right before or right after her eye surgery. It's awfully fucking convenient that something happened to her when she was cleared to be out for two weeks, giving the villains a two week fucking head start on who knows what. All I know is that (y/n) was working with Endeavor, and now she's gone and the dude's in a panic. Icyhot and I are going to her Mercenary HQ after class to figure out what's up." After Katsuki spoke, no one seemed to know how to respond. Todoroki's eyes were shadowed over as he worried about you. He saw the pain on your face when Bakugo was taken by the League of Villains, and now his own heart felt like it was on the verge of shattering.