Chapter 45- Trying Again

It took Katsuki over six hours to get access to your hospital room and the only reason he was able to was because of Endeavor. Rows after rows of news media and fans crowded the outside of the hospital entrance, only dispersing after the Number Two, now Number One, hero bellowed a yell in his deep rustic voice.

"ALL YOU CRETINS GET OUT OF MY WAY!" Katsuki tailed behind him with Midoriya, the two of them with red, puffy eyes after watching you and All Might nearly die together. Endeavor made it his priority to find your little boyfriend, feeling as if he owed it to you after failing during the League of Villains fight. After the two of them met up, Midoriya begged to come along and at that point, neither Endeavor nor Katsuki were willing to argue. They were silent as they meandered through the nearly empty halls of the hospital aside from a few exhausted nurses and police escorts. One of the escorts perked his tired head up with a jerk, waking up with a shock at the sound of footsteps.

"Ah Endeavor! Are you looking for All Might's room?" Katsuki and Midoriya twitched at the name, also concerned with how the elder man was doing.

"Yeah...I was hoping to find the young lady too though." The Todoroki spoke with his intention clear in his voice. He didn't come for All Might at all.

"Lucky for you, the two are sharing a room to make it easier for us to guard them. All Might demanded to be with her too. Be quiet for now, she's sleeping and is getting prepped for eye surgery in the morning." 

"Eye surgery?" Midoriya whispered to himself, eying up Katsuki who merely bit his lip. The green-haired boy never saw Katsuki act like this before...as if he was doing everything he could to keep it together. The trio followed the officer to the room before leaving to guard the hallway once again. The room was the size of a suite with nurses tending to both sides of the room, the fluorescent lights dim for once to allow you to sleep.

"Endeavor? What are you doing here?" All Might's raspy voice was heard from his sitting position on his hospital bed. His limbs were coated in bandages and an IV was injected into his left arm due to the sling on the right.

"I didn't come for you." The Flame Hero grumbled in annoyance, bringing a soft smile to All Might's face as he recognized the budding adoration for you within Enji Todoroki. It wasn't too far from how All Might felt about you either. Despite just defeating All for One and breaking his body down beyond its limits, All Might just had to be in the same room as you. He needed to protect you like you protected him, even if it meant dying. 

Katsuki ignored everyone and rushed to your side, tears springing to his eyes once again as the sobs quaked through his chest.

"Y-you...you fucking idiot." Katsuki cried as he grit his teeth together to stop his tears. He watched you get stabbed on TV...your voice telling him goodbye replaying over and over again in his mind. It was the closest he had ever come to losing you and nothing ever prepared him for the hefty crack in his heart the thought left in its wake. He had to touch you...he had to feel your skin to know you were still alive...still there with him... and so despite the protest of the overnight nurse, he grasped your hand delicately in his.

"You fucking moron...you goddamn fucking-...I don't even know!" Katsuki couldn't stop cursing at your sleeping form, your eyes bandaged over as your round lips were pursed with steady breaths slipping through them. 

"You always do this to me. You always leave me to run off to save the day and you almost got fucking killed you idiot!" He was venting out his rage that masked his relief. He knew the moment that your voice would call out to him, he would melt and his rage would vanish into the wind. Katsuki was hoping that by cursing you out, by ranting through his rage that you would somehow rouse from your sleeping form.