Chapter 41- Chi

You had a huge list of things you needed to accomplish before nightfall, and first on such list was calling Mitsuki. You dialed her number as you sat in your room in the Shini Mountain temple, not yet starting your training until you fixed a few loose ends.

"Hello?" You heard her voice on the other side, the usually cheery voice sounding concerned.

"Mitsuki...it's me. I wanted to check in on you. Has anyone reached out to you?" You gripped your pants as a twang of guilt hit your gut.

"It's so good to hear your voice sweetie. I did hear from the police detectives that the pro-heroes were on it and were looking everywhere for Katsuki. I'm worried...but not scared. I know he can take care of himself. Your friend Todoroki stopped by to grab some of your things. I knew as soon as I heard him speak that you were on the case. I can't thank you enough." You swallowed the lump in your throat, shaking your head.

"Don't thank me...I was too weak to stop them. I should have been stronger. I'm so sorry Mitsuki, I let you and Masaru down." You chided yourself, gripping your pants as you tried to stop yourself from crying. It seemed like Mitsuki was going to stop you before you could start. 

"Don't apologize to me (y/n). I don't want to hear an apology. I want to hear you say that you're going to get him. That you will be successful. Do not let doubt cripple you before you even try. I know you can save Katsuki. I know that you will. Have faith in yourself." You took a deep breath and released your grip on your pants, nodding your head with your eyes closed.

"You're damn right I'm gonna save him. If I have to gut that organization to get to him, I will." A small laugh on the other end released the tension in your spine, a clear smile was worn proudly on Mitsuki's youthful face.

"Fuck yeah. Go get my boy. Love you sweetie, see you when you save him." You spoke a clear 'love you too' to Mitsuki and hung up. Before you could begin your training, you needed to prepare some new equipment that you have been daydreaming about. So, you teleported to the one place that always offered you the ability to get quick gear customized just for you: Hero Mercenary HQ. Your eyes burned scarlet as you took yourself away.

Away to your past in order to save your future...your Katsuki.

You arrived at HQ to see Whiz Kid in his usual office, the man tinkering away at a new device. You knocked on his door, causing the man to look up from his desk to see you walk through without permission.

"Well come in I guess." He mumbled with annoyance laced in his voice. You learned to never wait for permission in a time of crisis but to simply do what you had to do. 

"It's Shinobi. I need you to make me two things. I'll pay the expedite fee." Whiz Kid stopped what he was doing before looking at you with shock and adjusting his glasses.

"No uniform or mask? I didn't know you were so young. This must be critical if you are arriving in this state." You nodded while walking forward to stand in front of his work desk, crossing your arms.

"It is. I need this as soon as possible. I need an attachment that I can use to bring up a visual of places I need to teleport to, and I need a device that will send me images straight to my attachment that another hero can wear. I am not using a full mask anymore." Whiz Kid gripped his chin in thought, moving his tinkered device to the side and pulling out an unused blueprint sheet.

"Give me three days. I'll have it by three days if that is quick enough."

"It'll have to be. I'll pay you whatever you need to get it done. Please." Whiz Kid adjusted his glasses once again, grabbing a white pen and making a small note on the blueprint sheet.