Chapter 35- Apology

Ochaco looked like a cowering animal as you entered the girl's locker room. The other girls were still outside, splashing around and having fun while Ochaco ran inside to go to the bathroom. You elected to follow her and wait, her face shifting to fear as she spotted you leaning against a locker in your wet bathingsuit and a towel.

"(Y/n)...?" She muttered out in surprise.

"Soo...are you gonna tell me what's up? You've barely spoken to me and you won't even look my way. Did I do something to make you hate me? Was it from the Hagakure thing?" You spoke from the heart, causing the girl to quickly wave her hands in front of her face.

"No! N-no no! I don't hate you at all! You're one of my best friends. And no I'm not mad about her getting locked up! She could have killed us! I just...I have a lot going on is all...I..." She stopped herself midsentence.

"You...what?" She looked up at you with round brown eyes, as if she was...pleading. She looks like she wants me to read her mind or something.

Did something happen? Is she asking for help?

"Ochaco! (Y/n)! Are you two in here? Aizawa sensei crashed the party kero." Asui spoke in her raspy voice. You looked at the girl who quickly swallowed the lump in her throat, turning to greet the other girls that started filing in the room. You narrowed your eyebrows, your eyes focused and calculating on the scene in front of you. Ochaco brought a laundry basket with her full of dirty clothes, but she hid it underneath her school-issued towel. No one else seemed to notice...her usually bright appearance looked almost raggedy and pale.

Is she having money issues? Is that what's stressing her out?

Without speaking and without anyone seeing you, you took out your wallet and placed all of the cash you had in Ochaco's purse. Five hundred dollars was the most you ever carried at one time when not on the clock, but hopefully she'll be able to do well with it.

You got changed back into normal clothes and quickly left after saying goodbye to everyone, ensuring to give your best smile to Ochaco who needed it most. You met up with Katsuki, who was waiting for you, and prepared to leave school for the evening.

Ochaco, on the other hand, waited for all of her friends to leave before taking her basket full of laundry and walking with it to the gym department where there were numerous washing machines for the uniforms. After loading up her laundry in the washer, she turned to her backpack where she packed the soap, seeing her purse open inside. Those round brown eyes started watering as she held dozens of bills in her hands, counting them. She started full out sobbing when she connected the dots of who would have possibly placed that money in there.

"(Y/n)...why would you do this...I-...I don't deserve this!" She wailed to ghostly ears within an empty hall.

~~

You and Katsuki walked together hand in hand away from school, Todoroki waving for your attention. You looked up at the half and half boy who elected to keep his shirt off, his damp hair was pushed back away from his face in a disheveled way.

"Hey...(y/n). Are you ready for next week?" Katsuki's grip on your hand tightened, the boy clearly just wanting to leave.

"Oh um...camp right? It should be fun!"

"Apparently we were assigned to sit next to each other on the bus. I just wanted to let you know." You heard Katsuki grit his teeth in jealousy, starting to tug on your arm a bit.

"Oh? Well, it should be a fun ride! I'll see you next week Shoto!" You grinned at him, ignoring the grip on your hand. You were about to turn away from him when a soft smile curved across Shoto's lips.