Chapter 57- Phoenix

School seemed truck along just fine and everything was relatively normal. You had to admit though, your lunch table was poppin' as fuck.

"We got Kacchan's vanilla hair Kirishima's cherry, Kaminari's lemon, Shoto's got some strawberry syrup at the bottom of a glass of milk vibe, and Shinso is blackberry icecream. We should change this table's name to Fruit of the Loom." You commented out of nowhere as you stole a bite out of Katsuki's sandwich while he wasn't looking. He cursed at you the second he realized it.

"What the fuck woman! Eat your own damn food!"

"But then that means I couldn't steal yours! Yours is always tastier!"

"Buy your own you fucking brat!"

"No need to be so mean..." You pouted your lips and tapped your fingers together. After a second, he stubbornly extended his sandwich towards you with an irritated glint in his eye and his teeth clenched. Without words, you knew he was offering you a bite. With a cute little chomp, you happily chewed a bite of his sandwich and he quickly retracted it so he could enjoy the rest.

"Fucking bratty woman." He whispered under his breath as you leaned your head on him with hearts in his eyes. His cheeks were a bright pink and that's how you knew there were no hard feelings.

"Alright, can you two suck each other's dicks somewhere else? I'm trying to eat here." Shinso commented with a bored expression on his face.

"Why Shinso are you jealous?" You teased him. Kaminari pouted with a flat expression on his own face.

"I am. You guys always gotta remind me how single I am." Tear streams fell from his eyes and Kirishima patted his back to comfort him.

"Hey man, there's no rush on these things. Those two just got lucky." Kirishima's red eyes looked across the room and spotted Midoriya's table, Ochaco sitting next to him and blushing like crazy. Next to her was Mina Ashido who chatted away with Yaoyorozu and a few of the other class 1A students. "I'm just surprised how much game Midoriya has. He has Uraraka wrapped around his finger."

"Deku can do better," Katsuki said with a thick layer of spiteful taste on his tongue. Everyone at your table went quiet until Kirishima spoke up.

"That's cold bro. She's a nice girl."

"Not nice enough," Katsuki commented again to a quiet audience. A few seconds went by before you felt a tug on your right arm where Shoto sat.

"I heard you're not participating in the provisional hero licensing exam. Is that true?" Shoto asked you which grabbed the attention of everyone else at the table. Katsuki grumbled under his breath and turned the other way, not wanting to be reminded of your current 'situation'.

"Yeah, it is. I got an invitation to intern at an agency so I am doing work there. I can't talk about it much though, so I can't give you more details than that. Good luck though. I'm looking forward to seeing your goofy pictures on your licenses." Shinso snorted at your words, running a hand through his hair.

"Speak for yourself. Models wish they looked like me," He grinned.

"Yeah, maybe for a before picture at a plastic surgeon's office," You replied. Your table including Katsuki roared with laughter at your quick response, your loving boyfriend putting his hand on your shoulder as he ugly laughed. It was as if today was the first time you saw this reaction...and your heart was sent aflutter. Shoto was laughing too with full expression, and your once bubbly mood turned to stone at the thought of Endeavor and Dabi.

One day I'll have to tell them...one day they'll know...and it will break their hearts.

~~