Chapter 22- The Fourth

You stood alone in the Bakugo guest room for the night, your vase of bright red tulips sitting on the dresser in the room. You already had a few of your own supplies from the dorm in the Bakugo household such as your toiletries, a few clean school uniforms, and some sleepwear.  You practically lived here yourself at this point. However, when you needed to focus, you always went back to your own space in the dorm.

You quickly looked in the mirror hanging above the low sitting wooden dresser, the dim light showing a patch of your skin on your shoulder that was a lighter hue than the rest of your skin. You sighed in annoyance. You had scars from fights and from your training before you got your quirk, but this was a large section of your shoulder that traveled just a little up your neck and down onto your arm no further than a t-shirt would. You didn't care much about the visual appearance of it because it wasn't too bad, but more so for the ability that you could be identified with it.

"And here I was...hoping I wouldn't scar...I need to remind myself to stay out of Todoroki's business." You mumbled to yourself.

You quickly closed your eyes and teleported yourself back to your dorm, knowing you needed your own space tonight.

You entered the closet to dress in your black mercenary uniform, ensuring stray hairs were out of your face as you placed your painted mask on. Shinobi had some investigating to do...and it was best that anyone who may glance at the security cameras at UA would not recognize you as the soon-to-be intruder. 

Despite your effort to maintain a serious attitude, it was hard for you to focus on your mission today due to Katsuki's sudden dating proposal. 

"...please." You sat frozen...unsure what to say or do. You rarely ever saw Katsuki nervous, and in fact, whenever he was afraid he simply smiled. It was in those moments of evident fear, terror, or anxiety...he reminded you of All Might. Despite his warm-hearted...-yet awkward-...question, you felt an overwhelming feeling of pride for the young hero in front of you. To smile in the face of your fears...in the face of rejection, hurt, pain, loss, or knowing there was no escape from the terrors you faced...that was what made All Might transition from a powerful hero to THE  Symbol of Peace. That was what made him stand out against all other heroes. 

Katsuki, amid anticipating your answer, broke his stoic expression by carving a teasing smile through his anxious exterior.

And there it was...a smile that replicated that of a Number One Hero. 

"Cat got your tongue?" He spoke. You felt like you lost your voice all of a sudden, but the pounding of your heart in your ears like an assembly of thunderous drums played a melody of happiness you have not found for yourself before he came into your life.

"I've always been yours, Katsuki."  There was no response from him except his smile shifted from a teasing expression to one with soft admiring scarlet eyes and a perfectly emotionally overwhelmed grin. Without filtering...without just the simple 'yes' or 'no' he was expecting, you filled his heart with a thumping bass pounding in response to the pure and honest answer he wasn't ready for. As always, you took his expectations and exceeded them beyond the limits he imagined. You always were different from the rest...you always seemed to understand what he needed...you gave him the right form of encouragement and the respect of someone who knew their worth.

Katsuki knew that right from the beginning he had always been yours too.

The memory was one you knew you'd cherish, no matter what the future held for you and your new boyfriend. However, you needed to focus...because at the end of the day the ability to protect him and all of your other friends required you to do your job perfectly.