Chapter 64- The Zombie Hero

A/n: TW  (suicide, mental illness)

Please read this chapter at your own discretion. 

WEEK 2 IN CAPTIVITY

Hands softer than silk caressed your cheeks as you gazed into eyes brighter than any precious ruby or crimson sun. Your heart swelled with love as you fiddled with the diamond on your ring finger, the hands that once held your face now following suit.

"I'm so happy I found you." That raspy voice you all but worship launched your heart into a flutter of butterflies, his very presence in this world reminded you that good exists. After living half of your life feeling nothing but loneliness, anxiety, fear...finally having Katsuki Bakugo in your life made it feel worth living. This constant chase after his light and smile was what tethered you to the notion of waking up each day.

And the warmth of his arms was the only sense of security you had.

"I'm finally your wife...took you long enough to ask," You smiled, tears falling down your cheeks despite your cheery expression. Katsuki suddenly looked concerned as he wiped your tears. He appeared so much more mature than his teenaged self...and it made you love him even more.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" 

It was as if those words opened a rift, and your heart suddenly felt like it was being torn apart.

"I don't know."  The tears spilled even faster and you completely lost control. Despite your confusion, you felt like your soul was pleading, begging for you to hold onto Katsuki. You reached for his hands but no matter how far you lunged, you couldn't reach him.

"Don't go Katsuki! Please! Don't leave me here! I can't do this anymore! I can't hold on!" You pleaded for him with everything you had and more...and he was reaching for you, but like you, there seemed to be an everlasting distance between the two of you. "KATSUKI! I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!"  

You couldn't hear what he was yelling back to you...but just as he vanished completely, you heard another voice.

A voice layered in years of hatred...a voice that laughed at you pain for the last two weeks.

"No one is coming to save you."

You woke up after someone shook your shoulder, soaked in your own tears as an empty feeling greater than any hunger haunted your malnourished frame. With your eyes still bound and blind, you simply laid limp on your prison cot with defeat settling deep in your bones.

The days began to melt into one another for you.

You were stuck in neverending darkness for almost two weeks now and if you didn't have Eri to talk to, you would have been on the brink of insanity. Each day was agony to live through...with your time in the cell being spent on the brink of starvation and every moment outside of the cell was immersed in excruciating experimentation or just straight up torture. You've never been through something like this in your life...and honestly you didn't have the strength to carry on with it anymore. 

Sleep only carried you off into peace for maybe three to four hours each day until the rumbling of your stomach or aches in your bones woke you up. Exhaustion and soreness made each movement of your body exhausting for you...and so you didn't even try. Your first few days were spent trying everything you could to figure out to escape...but you were underground with no regular patrol, no key slot to pick, no guard to bribe. Thanks to the constant torture sessions and experimentation, your body became too weak to fight back. 

But Eri has been untouched since your arrival, and the little girl was one of the only things keeping you alive at this point.

Eri and Katsuki.