Chapter 42- Ready, Set, Go

Katsuki was infuriated.

It wasn't just because he was surrounded by villains. No, it was because he couldn't do anything about it. He was tied up, wrists apart, in a cold environment so he wasn't producing sweat to use for his quirk. He held his hands in fists to try and make them clammy enough to create a spark, but it still wouldn't do anything against the restraints. Day five at a bar in who the hell knows where...and it was becoming unbearable for the young man. 

Sitting in front of him now was the same man who took him, the same one that burned down your village...and Katsuki never wanted to kill someone more than he did at this very moment.

"What's with that look on your face, kid? Sad your girlfriend isn't around?" Dabi sat at a small wooden table, his long legs extended with his ankles crossed, a half-filled mug of dark brown beer sitting in front of him. His cerulean eyes were half-lidded, his disheveled black hair was showing hints of scarlet roots...Dabi was just overall in a lazy mood. Picking on Bakugo was just something to do at this point...at least until Toga and Kurogiri took over the shift of watching him. Katsuki was exhausted, not getting proper sleep for days. The villains have been trying to feed him, and Katsuki actually accepted it. He knew he needed the energy to try and break out of here...to put down the guy that has caused you and him so much pain...but even then he couldn't do shit.

He felt like a failure. Like he failed you.

"What, cat got your tongue? Listen, kid, if I'm stuck here babysitting then at least try to break the ice a bit. Here...I'll start. I'm Dabi...I love drinking and burning corpses. Okay, now your turn." Dabi smirked as he gripped his mug, bringing the beer up to his lips. His purple scars marred his body, a reminder of his matriarchal heritage and the pain of his father's quirk. A glint appeared in Katsuki's eye as he glared at Dabi, a threatening smile appearing on his own face.

"Toya." A slight crack was heard as a hairline fissure appeared in the handle of the mug. Dabi's playful expression immediately hardened, him leaning forward with narrowed eyes and furrowed brows.

"What did you say?" Dabi spoke in a deep, venom laced voice. Katsuki knew he finally grasped onto something that could piss Dabi off.

"Toya Todoroki. Endeavor's heir with the biggest pussy aside from his daughter." The mug completely shattered, the alcohol in the glass lighting a flaming blue. Toya stood up, marching towards Bakugo before ramming a knee into his gut, forcing the teen to spit up the remainder of his breakfast. Toya gripped Bakugo's spiky blond hair pulling his head forward. Dabi came dangerously close to Katsuki's ear, his eyes narrowed into slits.

"I didn't care very much about fucking around with (y/n)...but just for that, I'm gonna hurt her. Shoto is in love with her...Endeavor wants her in the family...You want to keep her...three birds with one stone if you lost her to me. Nothing would bring me more joy right now than seeing her writhe in pain beneath me and you knowing it was all your fault. Just remember when she's broken in two that you brought it upon yourself." 

Katsuki couldn't breathe. Instigating Dabi was a mistake...and now you were going to be targeted. All he could picture now was you laying on the ground in a terrified daze, tears nearly dried after losing the last part of yourself you held onto with an iron grip. 

Dabi was right, Katsuki would have no one to blame but himself.

"If you touch her...I swear to fucking god if you touch her..." Katsuki yelled, his voice cracking in the middle as his grimace showed his spiked tooth.

"You'll do what? Kill me? You'll never be a hero if you kill me. Anything less will feel like you never did enough to punish me for hurting her." Dabi's words stuck into Katsuki's gut like a knife.