Chapter 56- Reflection

Another week had passed by and you haven't seen Mirio at all. Instead, you took your time to start letting the people you loved know you weren't going to be always around thanks to your new mission with Endeavor's agency.

Telling All Might about the new internship with Endeavor was easy. He was nothing but enthusiastic and supportive of you trying to do official hero work and get your license early. 

Telling Katsuki was hard. 

He didn't say much, just kind of sat there in his dorm room quietly as you explained to him that your job would be a secret, you were assigned a work partner, and you would now be reporting to Endeavor. He didn't really ask you any questions and honestly didn't quite acknowledge that you even said anything. 

But when you went to leave the room, he grasped your wrist with his gaze locked on the floor.

"How will I know...how will I know if you're stuck somewhere with no one to help you...what if something happens to you like last time?" Your heart broke at the quiet tone of his voice, and so you turned to him to run your fingers through his soft and spikey hair. 

"I don't know. I guess that's the risk we take when we choose to be heroes. But I'll do everything I can to make it so you won't worry about me."

"Says the girl that took on All for One and cut his fucking arm off."

"Hey, if I lived against him then I can survive anything." 

Katsuki's blood ran cold and it took everything in him to not break your wrist with a panicked iron grip.

"I still get nightmares you know. Seeing you get stabbed like that...how close you were to dying...All Might isn't around to save you anymore."

"You're right. But I don't need All Might. I have you Katsuki. I won't leave you empty-handed. I can't tell you what my mission will be about...but you best believe I'll leave you little bird breadcrumbs to figure it out on your own. Endeavor wants me to deal with a lot of dangerous people, so I want to do what I can to keep you safe too. It'll be okay Kacchan...Endeavor wouldn't put me on a suicide mission."

"You don't know that!" He yelled, startling you. "The asshole abused his own kids to the point one became a villain and you assume that because he wants you to fuck Icyhot that he'll take good care of you?! He's a fucking asshole! How are you supposed to trust him?!" 

You were quiet...the room was quiet...but you didn't know how to argue with him. Why did you trust Endeavor so much?

"Endeavor, Mirio, and Mirio's internship agency all think there is something massive going on with villains right now. If there's something I can do to help...to keep you and All Might safe...then I will do it regardless of if I trust Endeavor. I do think he's trying now. I think he realized he had fucked up. You need to give people an opportunity to learn and to change, otherwise, there would be no point in anyone trying to get better. I'm sure there are moments in your life that you wish you acted better...Endeavor deserves that same chance to prove himself." You leaned down to kiss Katsuki on the lips, his scarlet eyes shutting tight. Your own eyes were a bright crimson as cerulean flames engulfed your memory.

"And if not...I'll let Dabi cremate him like he wanted to."

After spending most of the night trying to comfort Katsuki and prepare for the weekend, you couldn't help but feel an overwhelming wave of guilt sweep over you. Katsuki had struggled ever since being captured by the League of Villains. He dreamt about Dabi's threats to 'hurt' you, the moment when you vanished right from his grasp, and seeing you with a blade rammed in your gut right on TV. It was an absolute miracle that you were still alive, let alone in as good of shape as you were. Despite wanting to keep him safe, he had been silently suffering in pain.