Chapter 90- Holiday Spree

A few days had passed since you returned from Okinawa with your boyfriend and friends. Miss Vixen was dead, Shinso received the sample of the quirk from Whiz Kid, everything seemed pretty much okay.

Something was aching in your heart though...and that something was Izuku.

Honestly, you had no clue what the correct move would be moving forward from this. With Vixen, it was a revenge mission assigned by Shinso to take back his quirk and kill her. This case was so completely different though...in this case, it was Izuku's own father that stole his son's quirk to sell. Do you tell him? Do you try to buy out the samples just for him to have? Do you try to rob his father? The questions and possibilities were swirling in your mind like a vortex and it only confused you further every time the thought popped up.

So you went to one of the few people you knew that always gave you sound, judgment-free advice: All Might.

The two of you were sitting in your living room at home, the television playing some children's cartoon that ran in early mornings just before the news came on. The comforting smell of sweet coffee was permeating throughout the room that your adoptive father decorated with small Christmas knick-knacks and soft plush blankets. Your fuzzy pajamas kept you warm as you sat cross-legged on the couch with a blanket draped over you and a fresh cup of creamy coffee in your hands, the warmth reaching from your fingers and throughout your chest.

You showered, the morning was quiet, your blankets were comfy, and the glow in All Might's fatherly blue eyes made what once was a cold and lonely time of year into a happy one.

"So that's what happened? That's...a lot to take in. Young Midoriya will be heartbroken to learn his father did that." All Might's voice was low as he thought about it and contemplated what advice to give. Despite how strong you were, you truly were sensitive to the plights of your friends and loved ones...and for someone so genuinely good like Midoriya, you were even more protective. Izuku always wanted to be a hero. He always wanted to be strong and save people like All Might...he wanted to be able to earn the approval of his best friend. 

Who would have thought the burden placed upon his shoulders was born from the very man who gave him life?

"I don't know what to do...this isn't like the missions I've been assigned to in the past. I want to help Izuku but like...that's his father! The man is a freakin' monster for what he's doing and poor Deku thinks his dad is working his ass off in the US." You took a sip of your coffee with your temper rising. Quirk thievery was what your own father committed when you were young. That was how you received ghost and vanish from the Doctor's serum. The conflict of your own guilt for having stolen quirks and killing those who have done the same...it was making your stomach hurt.

"Young Y/n. I see the stress in your eyes. Come now...there's no rush to this. Why don't you enjoy the holidays and let the pro-heroes handle this for once?" 

"I am a pro-hero, All Might," you sighed. You wanted to listen to All Might badly and take his advice, it was just so challenging because Midoriya didn't know anything. He was left in the dark.

"Hey...(y/n)?" All Might asked you lowly. You turned to see his narrow skeleton face age with stress. All Might had been pushed under more pressure than humanely possible since he received his quirk. The fact he made it this long... "I think Bakugo should be the one to tell Midoriya."

"What?"

"Hear me out..." He started slowly. "To be honest, when I first took Midoriya under my wing, I didn't know how much he would be able to handle my quirk. Unlike Mirio, his body was weak and he had no clue how to handle something so strong. That's why he was constantly breaking himself just to use even one percent of One for All. I know Young Midoriya always had looked up to me...but truthfully I think Bakugo had motivated him more than even I have. They grew up together and have seen the growth and potential blossom over a decade...a washed-up idol like me cannot replicate that kind of bond. Young Bakugo...he's honest and more empathetic than he ever lets on. I know you of all people understand that."