Chapter 18- I'm There

Edited 5/17/23

TW: Suicidal intentions.

You stood at the entrance of a mountain temple untouched by time. Your eyes widened significantly in awe at the temple, white and gold stone pillars were holding up a roof covered in vines and other beautiful pieces of foliage. The place looked out of a fairytale, the ceilings were high and the floor was a cool tan stone. There were four monks posed on the sides, dressed exactly like your guide, Dao. You followed him, gripping lightly on All Might's arm in anxiousness. 

"Shhh..." He offered you quiet relief, reminding you that you were going to be okay.

In the center of the furthest wall, was an arrangement of candles and tarps along the walls depicting Buddist, Confucian, and Taoist principles and words. What kind of temple was this exactly? Sitting cross-legged in the middle of a mat with incense burning on each side was an elderly man with a long white goatee. You recognized him instantly, releasing your grip on All Might and feeling as if you suddenly found family after years of being alone.

"It's been nine years (Y/n)...my have you grown into a powerful spirit. I have been waiting for you." His raspy voice echoed in the large open room. You nodded, biting your lips as you thought of what to say. 

"No need to speak child, I have prophecized about this moment for many years...you have questions and I have the answers. First...you must be weary from your travels. (Y/n)...Toshinori...we have plenty of food prepared for your arrival as well as a room to accommodate you. Dao, please show them the way." You and All Might were stunned completely speechless but nevertheless, followed Dao into a hallway. There was a single room prepared with two sleeping mats and a traditional Japanese table full of food such as roasted chicken and cabbage stew. 

"Please, make yourselves at home. We will talk once you both have recovered and cleaned yourselves up well. Enjoy." Dao bowed before leaving you and All Might alone. 

"I uh...I guess we are able to relax now." All Might spoke. You sighed in relief, your feet aching from walking and climbing for so long. 

"I guess I should check my phone to see if Katsuki needed me." You quickly checked your phone to see three missed messages from the King of Explosions.

KACCHAN (3:36PM)

This Jeanist douchebag is really fucking annoying. Look what he did to my fucking hair!

Katsuki sent a picture of him angrily taking a mirror selfie in the bathroom, his hair gelled down and parted. You started laughing uncontrollably but felt your heart soar at the sight of him sending you a picture. 

"What has you in a giggle fit?" All Might asked. You clicked on the picture to make it bigger and showed it to the golden-haired hero. He stared for half a moment and started to laugh just as you did.

"Wow! Who would have thought Young Bakugo would ever look so groomed!"

"Don't tell him I showed you, he'd kill me!" You started to laugh in reply. You looked back at your phone to read the other messages.

KACCHAN (4:22PM) 

You better be doing okay extra!

KACCHAN (4:24PM) 

This shit is fucking boring without you here.

You gripped your phone tightly while feeling your heart pound in your chest. He was worried about you...he wanted to cheer you up so he sent you a silly picture he would never send to anyone but you...and more than that, he wanted you to know that he missed you.