Chapter 4- Quirk

Edited 9/21/22

Bakugo and Kirishima stood at opposite ends of their battleground in preparation of their sparring match. Ochaco stood next to Mirdoriya and you, ready to watch the fight.

"I hope that Kirishima humbles Bakugo so he'll chill out a bit," Ochaco complained.

"I don't think that would work." Midoriya and you said at the same time. You glanced at each other and he chuckled.

"Kacchan hates to lose, and it makes him angrier. I do hope he learns something from this fight and I'll be taking notes" Midoriya eagerly spoke while taking out his 'hero comp' notebook. You glanced at Katsuki, ready to hear from All Might to get the okay to fight.

"ALRIGHT! Start!" Bakugo and Kirishima launched at each other, Bakugo much faster due to his explosion quirk. Kirishima crossed his rock solid arms in an x formation as Bakugo went to punch the red head. That was how the beginning of the fight remained, Bakugo throwing punches and explosions, Kirishima withstanding them without moving.

"What is Kirishima doing? Bakugo is just hammering after him," Kaminari said from a few feet away.

"He's being smart," you spoke up. The three students nearby looked at you in confusion.

"But he's getting his ass handed to him!" Kaminari replied.

"Yeah well Kirishima knows Bakugo will attack him with everything he's got, but even Bakugo can run out of energy and have openings. All Kirishima has to do is block and wear him out. Hopefully explosion boy figures that out quick," you explained.

The battle continued regardless of the banter, Bakugo becoming more worn down as he carried on fighting. You tapped your foot in annoyance at the red eyed boy. He's going to lose if he keeps this up.

Bakugo stopped what he was doing as if he had heard you and glanced over to see you watching him. For a split second, his eyes connected to yours and he could see behind that hardened veil of indifference was someone who was anxious for him. He could tell just from your expression that you were cheering for him. A sharp smile spread across his face as he faced his opponent

"Watch and learn you fuckin Extra," Katsuki huffed under his breath. He ceased his explosions and retained a boxing stance, encouraging Kirishima to come towards him. Said red head threw himself towards Bakugo who dodged the hit narrowly, spinning his body to slam Kirishima directly on the spine with a loud explosion. This threw Kirishima several feet to the point he was no longer in the ring and he was face down on the ground. Bakugo used his quirk to get closer to Kirishima and was about to blow his head off but was stopped immediately by a man four times his size.

"Alright! That's enough Young Bakugo! Please move to the bleachers and observe the next match!"

Katsuki made a 'tsk' sound but nevertheless used his explosion quirk to launch himself up to where you were in the bleachers. Midoriya winced and stepped backwards out of instinct and Ochaco went rigid from the sudden appearance. You however offered Bakugo a soft smile in pride.

"Great job Kacchan." Katsuki pointed at you and grit his teeth, clearly appearing to be miffed...but you knew better.

"Just so you know, I don't need any of your fucking praise! You're so goddamn annoying!"

Katsuki walked towards you, wiping the sweat off of his forehead and noticed how Ochaco and Midoriya basically vanished, leaving the two of you alone in that row of bleachers.

"You better show me something good later." You knew Katsuki was talking about your match but your brain immediately flew into the gutter, thinking about the other things that statement could mean.