Chapter 15- Hero Train

Edited 5/16/23

The kiss Bakugo gave you had rocked everything you thought you knew about yourself, and you became addicted to the feeling. He kissed you. The boy who hated everyone had kissed you.

Even in the days that passed since your full recovery, you had a difficult time thinking of anything other than that kiss.

You never wanted to let go of him...but you knew you had to eventually.

"Best Jeanist huh? That's an odd choice for you." You were laying with Katsuki on his bed, the two of you cozing up the night before you had to travel your separate ways for training. You were going to be with All Might and Katsuki decided to go to Best Jeanist, a very flamboyant and loved hero.

"My mom thought he would be a good choice to make me look nicer or some shit. I don't really give a shit. He's high enough ranking on the list so whatever." You smiled. You pictured Katsuki with brushed and slicked hair in jeans...you couldn't hold back a giggle.

"Well...good luck?" Katsuki was facing towards you, his scarlet eyes looking into your own. His hand was rested on your waist, your legs intertwined. Your body was thankfully healed after the UA Sports Festival by Recovery Girl and the hospital staff. It was exhausting, but even despite your new skin sensitivities, you were doing well.

Katsuki and you had an unspoken closeness since you both kissed in the hospital. He didn't want to have you out of his sight and felt like he was missing a part of himself when you were gone. He felt like he needed your company, your warmth, your touch...but he had no idea how to express it. For now, he simply reacted physically when he couldn't help it and it was like your own personal moment of undisturbed joy.

The light in your eyes glowed a bit brighter over these feelings you never had before.

"Where are you going?" Katsuki asked you. You admired every curve and edge of Katsuki's chisled jawline, the long dark lashes that framed his keen ruby eyes, and the spikey canine teeth that were exposed when he smirked. Your heart was beating a mile a minute, your chest aching of the idea of not seeing him for a while. 

"I'm training with All Might...but we are traveling to the Shini Mountains...near where I grew up. Apparently, someone called the Ghost King wants to see me...so All Might and I are traveling together." Katsuki's eyes went wide and he sat up slightly, propped on his elbow. You mirrored him.

"You got fucking All Might?! You can do that?! And where the fuck are the Shini Mountains?!"

"They are further north, away from major cities and civilization in the center of Hokkaido. All Might and I are going to take the train up until we can't then we will have to hike the rest of the way. My quirk might make it quicker but who knows. No promises that I'll have cell phone signal or battery but I'll take a heavy duty phone meant for hiking for a long period of time so you can contact me for emergencies."

"I'll be fine, I can handle shit on my own."

"That doesn't negate the fact I worry about you." You admitted. Katsuki's cheeks flushed pink before he turned his face away. He pulled you in towards his chest, tucking the top of your head into the crook of his neck. You two fit together like perfect puzzle pieces amongst the scattered mess around you.

"I'll be fine. I promise." He spoke softly.

~~

"Iida! Ochaco! Midoriya!" You called out with a happy wave and smile. Your friends saw you at the train station as they prepared to go their separate ways to travel. All Might was powered down, waiting for you in the food court to get lunch before you left for your train, but you told him you were going to be late. You wanted to see your friends off before they left to wish them luck...and to say goodbye to Katsuki. Said explosion boy was purchasing his ticket so you took the time to address your other friends. Ochaco and Midoriya both brightened when they saw you, matching your smile. Iida seemed to have nothing on his expression as if the smile he showed you was made from wax.