Chapter 17- Home Sweet Home

Edited 5/17/23

Katsuki thought he was going to explode, and not just because of his quirk. 

Said boy was grinding his teeth as he sat in a barber chair, waiting as patiently as he possibly could for his internship hero, Best Jeanist, to finish grooming his hair. Katsuki was doing his best, but to him, this was simply torture.

Katsuki shrugged off his anger the best he possibly could during day one of his internship, the job reigning Sunday to Sunday, giving the whole day Saturday to travel to the cities the various students needed to travel to and get settled in. Katsuki checked his phone while on a short break, hoping to see a message from you. His heart sunk.

Pretty Dumbass (2:07AM)

Just made it. Poor All Might looks exhausted. Now we need to hike up the mountains so I don't know how often I'll be able to check my phone. Be good for Best Jeanist...but if you see a bad guy, beat the shit out of him for me.

Me (7:02AM)

No promises but I guess I'll try. How far along are you on your hike?"

Pretty Dumbass (10:23AM)

We stopped for a bit...but we are about forty or fewer minutes away from my hometown. I gotta say I'm kinda nervous. I haven't been here since the day it all came down. All Might has been very sweet and encouraging. Here goes nothing.

Me (10:30AM)

You better stay safe extra. I'll fucking kick your ass if you get hurt. Let me know when you get there. You'll be fine. Trust me.

It was currently past noon and Katsuki felt a bit of anxiety creep into his chest at the thought of you not answering.

Don't be fucking weird dude...she's fine. She's with All Might and she's already tough as shit. You're worrying over nothing.

Katsuki gripped his phone a little tighter and held his chest through his tight hero suit. His heart was hurting thinking of you, missing you already. He finally got to wear his hero uniform in public, yet he didn't get to show off to you. He was thinking about how he never saw your hero suit and wondered if was the same as your mercenary outfit. He thought about you looking badass in a tight black outfit...like something out of a Cat Woman comic book. He thought about how your figure would look in the tight latex...

He shook his head, trying to remain focused and not get...physically interested...in that wandering thought. 

(Y/n)...text me back so I know you're okay damn it...

Katsuki waited a bit longer before his break was over and he had to put his phone away again. Just as he was about to put it away, he felt his hand buzz. He immediately turned the screen on to see your picture pop up on his phone, a smile curling across his lips. 

Pretty Dumbass (1:05PM)

This was harder than I thought. 

Pretty Dumbass (1:06PM)

Going up the Shini Mountains now. 

Katsuki bit his lip, thinking of what to say. Even though it was only a text message, he could immediately tell you weren't feeling great. It must have been hard on you to travel back home, since the last time you were there you lost everything. Katsuki had his family, as annoying as they sometimes were. He had a home...he never had anyone close to him die. He didn't know how to connect to that part of you, but he was willing to listen and try. He didn't know how to empathize that way...but if it meant making you smile at him the way he loved then it was worth a shot.